X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet adapter for Pur Water Filter

I recently installed a Price Pfister Series 31 "Florentino" kitchen faucet. I purchased at the same time a PUR FM9100 water filter that is installed on the end of the faucet spout. Included were three adapters of which none fit, nor does the filter fit directly. Pfister send an adapter which was supposed to fit, but no joy. It seems to be a bit too small. It is a 3/4 in - 27. Lowes couldn't find the proper adapter in their stock, I don't know if they do stock it or not, it was a small Lowes.

Has anyone adapted a PUR filter to Price Pfister, if so, what adapter was used? Thanks in advance.

Re: Faucet adapter for Pur Water Filter

Install a Decent Under Counter Filter Like an Everpure .... Faucet Filters are Not so Good in many ways ...

Dave

Comment

I agree with NoeEttica the faucet end filter will wear out you faucet. They are not designed to carry weight.

Comment

Thanks, I will look into that (everpure) There is very little room beneath the sink, and the crawl space where the plumbing is for the sink is unaccessable (requires moving the freezer and crawling down through a opening that only a slim person can traverse then slither through spiders, rocks etc). So I wouldn't consider a system where I would have to go through all that just to change a filter let alone the installation hassle. If I can get it mounted beneath the sink that I wouldn't mind.

Comment

is it just me or are the last 3 post spammers

the problem with most faucet mounted filters is the lack of capacity. in order to remove the chlorine/ chloramines, the water has to be exposed to the filter charcoal for a period of time. sure dirt is pretty simple to remove, but the time required to remove the chlorine is a whole lot more than a little faucet mounted filter can do.

the bigger joke are the shower head mounted filters. people really think they are getting chlorine free water

lets see the spammers give us real government lab test results

nothing wrong with the everpure h-300 filter system, unless you don't like to pay $129. for a new cartridge every 6-12 months

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            is it just me or are the last 3 post spammers
            It's just you.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              It's just you.

Mark
              real cute mark

delete the 3 and make me look foolish
              did you get the rock crusher from china last night too

you were too slow to hide adams birthday present, yet you jumped on the spam.

i'll buy you a spam shake tomorrow

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I got the rock crusher as my last chore before I went to bed last night and the three spammers you were talking about I must have been deleting as you typed. Some where in other threads as well but when I delete them I can delete all of their post with one click.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

healthy water starts with a PUR water filter for your faucet, refrigerator or water dispenser

Comment

quite often those hose threads on a utility sink will come off, see if they thread up into or around the aerator. then you can just thread the Pur on.

Originally posted by Bernt Bedřich
                    I purchased a PUR faucet mounted filter but it didn't come with an adapter to fit my utility sink. The faucet on the utility sink has threads that are like a garden hose male side. I need an adapter that goes from that to a normal faucet type thread.
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Unless you are seeing floaters in your water, why would you want an inline filter anyway. They are useless.
                      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                        quite often those hose threads on a utility sink will come off, see if they thread up into or around the aerator. then you can just thread the Pur on.

Not all do. I've seen some Glaicer Bay utility sink faucets that have the male hose threads as a permanent part of the faucet spout.

Adapters are available but you may have to stack a few to get the desired result.

Comment

epoxy it on. breid..................

Comment

It's frustrating that nobody has answered the original question. I also have a Price Pfister faucet and need an adapter for my faucet water filter. My old faucet supported it fine for years with no problem and I only changed faucets as an aesthetic upgrade. I am not interested in an under sink unit as my undersink area has absolutely NO room to allow for one plus my siphon hose attachments for my aquariums also need to connect to the original size faucet as well.

I just need an adapter. Lowe's, Home Depot and Ace Hardware don't carry an adapter that works. Has anyone else had any luck finding adapters for Price Pfister faucets? If not, I'm just going to take it out and return it for a standard size faucet.

Comment

Don't think it will fit for ya. New faucet, maybe a Delta this time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X