Cast Iron broken waste line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Iron broken waste line

I have a 4" waste line that is broken even with the concrete foundation, rather than jackhammering the cement to attach a rubber sleeve to the cast iron, is there a product that is similar to Oatey's "twist and set" toilet flange?

Thanks

Re: Cast Iron broken waste line

What is this line for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
      What is this line for?

The 4" line is from the toilet upstairs.

Comment

I must be sick ! I would enjoy this challenge ! We have lots of concrete cutting and drilling tools. I am finding many folks are reluctant to cut into concrete ! Sorry Your not in My hood,
        We'd do this repair together. Do You have a settlement problem do to drainage?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I must be sick ! I would enjoy this challenge ! We have lots of concrete cutting and drilling tools. I am finding many folks are reluctant to cut into concrete ! Sorry Your not in My hood,
          We'd do this repair together. Do You have a settlement problem do to drainage?
          You're not sick at all.

I manage a apartment building with 22 units, I showed the owner the problem and he insisted on the least invasive approach, I for one would do delicate chipping, concrete removal to expose the cast iron pipe, but......

Comment

With My roto hammer,I would drill a circle of holes large enough to work with. Than with a chipping blade in the tool chip the circle out. I have a couple of off set battery drill with
            5/16 nut drivers to tighten no hub clamps. Let Harry haggerty smart pants owner, do the chipping!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X