X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well two houses

hey guys im building another house and i am on a well with a submersible pump. what i want to know how is the best way to tie into the existing house to get water plus good water pressure to the new house.the new house is slightly uphill do i tee off of the water line after the pressure tank and do i need another tank in the new house and what size line should i use.any help or suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated . thanks i need help.

Re: well two houses

i would suggest hiring a local plumber.

he'll be able to size it properly.

Vince

Comment

Vince, I've always wanted an old Indian since I was a kid.

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 04-03-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

I would sugest drilling another well!!! I suppose you are going to tie the sewer lines in as well?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
          JC, did you get the potato thing?

Vince

Comment

Will this new home be on the same property as the first, included in the same tax lot, or connected to the first house in any way? I'm not sure you are allowed to supply two properties from the same well.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

a lot will depend on local laws and codes,

It is my understanding in my state one needs 35 acres to qualify for a well, (part of limiting growth I think), but it just creates sprawl IMO),

one well can supply a number of living units, but a lot will depend on the gallons per min your well can pump, on how you can hook it up and make it work to your satisfaction,

basically if your under very low gallons per min, one will have to have some from of tank or supply, and then re pump out of that for each home, if you have enough to supply the needs, then one pressure tank of the proper size, and just tee off of it,

for ever foot of elevation on will loose little less than a 1/2 of pound of pressure, so unless there a a considerable difference one will probably not even notice the difference,

for an example my SIL lives on a farms ted that has two houses on it and one well and live stock, (up to 200 head of cattle), they would have volume problems when the garden was watered, that would result in very low pressures, (if the well can not supply the volume of water needed, you will not have pressure),

Years ago I worked for a school (as the water and wast water operator, was licensed by the state), and we had one well that served, 26 homes and up to 200 students in dorms, (it was on a old military station) well had been re drilled from when the Air force had it, we would run the well on a timer that would pump up the hill to a storage tank and then it would feed the water mains of the school and the homes, the well basically ran 24/7 most of the year round to supply the water we needed, (as lawns were watered in the summer and the kids in the winter).

so there are various ways of doing things, but again it depends on the well and the needs.

some may depend on how much irrigation one wants to do as well,

on my farm I have two windmills that pump into a storage tank and then use a jet pump to pressurize the water lines to the house and the barn, as well as the stock tanks, in the summer time we use up to 3000 gallons day (most is for livestock), if we do not water the garden, (when I would try to water the lawn up to 9000 gallons a day), so but then I would have to pump with electric pump to keep up, the windmills would not, (I have a electric pump under one of the windmills for a back up if water is needed and the wind has not blown), I gave up on the lawn. (we would have volume problems when the sprinkler system was running, ended up running at night, when we used it, and the stock tanks we had problems at one time as well when the cattle came up to drink, solved that problem by putting in larger stock tanks and limiting the flow of water into the tank).
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Re: well two houses TWO HEADACHES !

From Years of experience,this is My take. It always starts out this way,Two homes on one parcel of land sharing,driveways,wells,sewer lines Ect. Years later ,the newer home is subdivided with an easement. Lawers get involved on Who pays for what,or You broke, blaw,
                Blaw ,blaw. You'll be setting up a TAR BABY!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.

a link to some more photos
                  http://www.sonofthesouth.net/union-g...x-pictures.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                    JC, did you get the potato thing?

Vince
                    I know that sound.

J.C.

Comment

Working...