Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement Bathroom DWV questions

Hello,
    I'm remodeling a lower level bathroom and it turned into more of a putting a new bathroom in. The bathroom originally had the bathtub and toilet raised off the floor for plumbing which was sloppy but I removed that and am going to put the plumbing under the concrete floor. I've included a drawing of what I would like to do in hopes that it helps. The sewer line is cast iron and as far as I can gather I can change this over to PVC in KY. I plan on a no hub boot for this connection since it will be buried and running horizontal. The line is about 3ft underground and the first connection would be the shower via a wye. I'll use 2" and vent it in the method I show in the drawing with 2". The vent will run up about 8' and then across the room to connect to the other vents that will run up to the attic and tie into the stack. The toilet will connect from a wye on its side up stream of where the show will make the connection. I'm not real sure how to vent this. I figure I'll vent out of the back of it but that would require me to run the vent around the sink's drain but it seems like it should work. Again this is a 2" vent tying into the others. The washer and sink are pretty much the way I found them but not sure who installed it. From my drawing what changes do I need to make. Any hints/help will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

Re: Basement Bathroom DWV questions

Oh, and feel free to make it better

Comment

If your shower drain is 2", I believe it can be located up to 60" away from the vent. Is your vent stack within this dimension? It's hard to tell from the drawing. Maybe one of the plumbers can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Here is my hint!

Wisconsin! Cottage!

Not Wye!

Comment

ok ok A fitting like this might help. Can't go on its side.

http://i.s.shopwiki.com/i/data/140x1...cGFnZT0===.jpg

They call theses Cottage T's or wisconsins or a side inlet san T.
          It gives you the extra outlet to vent. You can also try a low heel 90 to go into your wye. And vent up from it.

So... use closet flange pipe the closet bend pipe to a low heel pipe straight down into the wye or use combination fitting instead of the wye Then vent up form there.

http://media.doitbest.com/products/417726.gif
          Last edited by EasyEman; 04-05-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
            Here is my hint!

Wisconsin! Cottage!

Not Wye!
            Santee?

Comment

Side outlet tee?

Comment

Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                Side outlet tee?
                Side inlet tee.

J.C.

Comment

What code would KY fall under?

J.C.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!!! The main drain/stack it about 6ft away from the show/tub. Would the toilet be close enough to wet vent using the main drain up to the stack? There is a toilet,tub/shower, dishwasher, bathroom and kitchen sink draining into it. It is a 3" line. Thanks again!!!

Comment

Oh, and from what I'm reading into KY code...if I pull a permit for this then I have to do the all the work myself and cannot hire help. I'm really comfortable with above concrete plumbing but since this is a one shot kind of thing I'm just making sure I cover every base I can.

Comment

Originally posted by willy1094 View Post
                        Thanks for the replies!!! The main drain/stack it about 6ft away from the show/tub. Would the toilet be close enough to wet vent using the main drain up to the stack? There is a toilet,tub/shower, dishwasher, bathroom and kitchen sink draining into it. It is a 3" line. Thanks again!!!

Why wet vent? Just run a two inch vent from where the wc ties into the main. With a low heel fitting it is easy. Think about where to locate cleanouts too.

Comment

Sorry I didn't include this in the drawing. I have a clean out at the main drain about 4' from the floor. This would put it about 8' from the wc connection. Will I need to add another due to the new wc?

This is how I understand the vent for the wc. (thanks for putting up with my drawings ) The grey bar is the cross section of concrete if that helps. Would I have to use a y at the connection or san T ok?

Thanks again
                          Last edited by willy1094; 04-07-2009, 02:05 AM. Reason: adding drawing

Comment

I can take pictures of the the actual room if that will help

Comment

A San T on its back? I am assuming that would be against Kentucky code, or at least I hope so. Use the Wye.

Comment

Working...
                              X