X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old timers tricks

9 times out of 10 a trick is a way to undo a F**K Up that could have been prevented by having the knowledge and experience to do it right in the first place.

I notice you are not getting alot of advice on this thread. The hard earned things are not easily given away IMO.

May I suggest narrowing your scope a bit and identifing the task.

Example: "Any tricks to make a toilet reset go faster or better?"

Sure Rfol, Take the time to nut your bolts to the flange it makes for an easier toilet set and a more solid setting toilet IMO.
    This site is the best place on the net for plumbers to share knowledge and learn
    I'm not saying don't ask, but have a specific request or at least a general idea.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

I'm sorry if some of you have patented ideas that you don't want to share.

I'm not looking for advice. I offered a couple I had learned and asked if others wanted to contribute.

It's easy to see why plumbers crack is so common. The drawers are all wadded up

Comment

Rofl, many things that you might consider a "trick" is common knowledge but like yourself, I am always interested in something new.

I would say 90% of the tricks I have learned have been by just watching a guy.

Don't ever start any plumbing related job at 2:00 on Friday. EVER.

When you remove the old wax ring from the toilet/flange put it in the box of the new flange and get it out of the bathroom immediately.

WD-40 removes wax from just about anything. PB Blaster works well too but some people don't like the smell.

Use rubbing alcohol to clean the sink when setting a pop-up or strainer basket.

When removing silicone, mineral spirits works great.

Never pass gas until you pull a toilet, remove a trap or cut a pipe.

For good luck sing this song endlessly while plumbing. Don't be afraid to put in some hip action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3W6hutEj8
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
        X