X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corroded main waste line in cast iron

What is the approximate cost to repair a corroded main waste line in a crawl space?

Re: Corroded main waste line in cast iron

Originally posted by turn View Post
    What is the approximate cost to repair a corroded main waste line in a crawl space?
    without details it's impossible to give you an idea.

i get a local referral from friends and neighbors.

they will either give you a contract price or a time and material price.

stay away from the yellow pages and look for the local referral.

not sure where you're located in ohio, but there's a few guys on the forum out of the elyria area

i doubt anyone will quote a price without more info. pictures and details are a simple way to see if anyone local can price it.

i found that new customers that can email a photo of the problem area saves me a second trip and saves them money.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I can not give you an answer since I am not a plumber, but I can tell you there is not even the beginning of enough information to even start to give any form of an estimate, from your post,

Since your a tooling sales representative, the way the question is asked would be similar to me asking you. "How much does tooling cost? I got a project to do."

Post some pictures and lenghts, the type of crawl space and the difficulty of the entrance and so on, some one may or may not attempt to give you an answer, (pricing over the web is not reliable and can differ greatly from one section of the country to an other),

but I would suggest trying to get some local bids, where they can come and see the problems and what ti would actually take, to do the job, but no one can even give you a ball park figure with the information you posted, besides just a wild stupid statement,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thank you Rick. I can't extract the photo out of the inspectors report to send to you, but that you for responding to my posting.

regards,

Mary Turner

PS: I like your pic.

Comment

BHD, that wasn't very nice. First time using this site. Yes, I do sell industrial tooling, i.e endmills, boring systems, etc., but not an expert in plumbing. And yes I can quote over the phone and via email.

Regards,

Mary Turner

Comment

Originally posted by turn View Post
            bhd, that wasn't very nice. First time using this site. Yes, i do sell industrial tooling, i.e endmills, boring systems, etc., but not an expert in plumbing. And yes i can quote over the phone and via email.

Regards,

mary turner
            all the gals like rick,he's pretty ! Us guys can't stand him!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

ok, turn then how about a price for a piece of steel?

Comment

OK then for my project how much will the tooling cost me?

I will give you some more info,
                It is wind turbine project I want to build, how much is the tooling going to be?

You can not give me a quote on it, as I have not given you enough information on what I need tooling for, or exactly what I want to do besides build a turbine, you have no idea what I want to machine, or even what size of tribune,
                Will I be modifying off the shelf parts, or building my own parts, or just assembling things from a kit and need to drill a hole.

now IF I would post some specifiers of the project, the type of gear box or if I want to design and manufacture my own gear box, and told you the pitches and the bores and the type of seals and so on,
                Or even if all I did was take a picture or post a drawing of proposed box and the basic dimensions then you would be much more able to give me some idea what I would be needing and the type of tooling I would need to accomplish the goal, also by past experience you probably could even give me recommendations on what or how to go about it if I had more questions.

NOW GOING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST,

All I know is that you have some sewer line you want replaced in a crawl space,
                (making the guess that your correct), and that it is cast iron.
                I have no Idea if it is 2 foot of line or 62 foot of line, I have no idea if it is 2" or 4" if the crawl space is 8" in depth and I would have to dig trenches to get from one end to the other or if I can stand up in the crawl space, I have no idea if entrance to it is through a 2 foot x 2 foot broom closest, at the back side of the house or if there is a opening or window or vent that one can get materials in and out, if it is currently flooded by leaking sewage , or if it is full of cat droppings, or if it basically clean and dry,
                also what do you want it replaced with, Cast Iron or plastic (ABS or PVC). you may not know that with out some discussion,
                AND is there any other details that would possibly contribute to the job?
                (EXAMPLE: such as it this building on the historical register and it has to be done like the original for the sake of authenticity, or that at one time this was a old school house and there are 30 toilets that need to be re plumbed or removed in the process.)

Is it just one place in the line you want repaired or and entire replacement?

I am sorry you thought I was not nice, it was not the intent.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                X