Cracked stainless shower pans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked stainless shower pans

I have some cracked Bradley institunal shower pans, in the past I welded the cracks but it is getting to the point where it is crazy to weld them any more. At this point replacement because of the cost is out of the question. Do they make any type of a spray on product like Linex that might work?

Re: Cracked stainless shower pans

have you checked with a waterproofing co. to see if they can apply a fiberglass type deck coating like used outside on concrete and wood.

is this a school

or a jail

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

It is in a jail so any coating that is used will have to be vandal proof

Comment

If Stainless actually cracks, then the quality /alloy, is off! probably too much nikkel in proportion to the chromium. A very common fault in cheaper imported stainless. This sort of manufacturer only considers corrosion, & disregards the other unique properties of stainless.
        Don't get me wrong - Bradley should be OK, but the last few years, most importers & suppliers of stainless have had a bad batch at some time.
        I would suggest changing the pans, otherwise you're going to have these cracks appearing continuously, especially during busy periods, when you need to be doing something else!

Comment

Originally posted by mlo5 View Post
          I have some cracked Bradley institunal shower pans, in the past I welded the cracks but it is getting to the point where it is crazy to weld them any more. At this point replacement because of the cost is out of the question. Do they make any type of a spray on product like Linex that might work?

Line might just be the ticket on this job, many more uses than trucks

http://www.line-xicd.com/user_pages/...ter-Wastewater

Comment

i don't know if this will help.

http://www.acorneng.com/acorn_catalo...pdf/p/1749.pdf

Vince

Comment

Working...
            X