X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Last Joint

Not to make more work for you, shouldn't the pipe to the tub spout be supported too?

Comment

he needs to support the whole thing still! But I hope he knows that!

Comment

I hope he doesnt have tile on the otherside as well, he can strap it pretty easily with all that room to work in at least!

Comment

One of these pretty things might help
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes the new cover plate is smaller than the previous. I will have to seal it. The plate is not fully installed yet.

Comment

Whoa! I did not realize there was a whole other page of comments. Thanks to those with serious comments. Yes the pipes need to be supported and yes the joints are ugly. But this is exactly as it was when I opened the wall up - no supports whatsoever and dripped solder all over the place. And this was done presumably by a professional plumber.

PS. Why do you all keep thanking each other?

Comment

Originally posted by nickbee View Post
                It is an easy one button way to agree with someone, say you got a chuckle out of their post, or thought the post was useful etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbee View Post
                  Whoa! I did not realize there was a whole other page of comments. Thanks to those with serious comments. Yes the pipes need to be supported and yes the joints are ugly. But this is exactly as it was when I opened the wall up - no supports whatsoever and dripped solder all over the place. And this was done presumably by a professional plumber.

If I agree with someones post or find it amusing I thank them. Emily Post says I should.

You can heat the solder drips and wipe them off with a dry cloth if that is a concern. Otherwise if the joint is solid don't worry about it.
                  Most of the guys would rather have had you call a pro plumber to do the work for you.

Comment

Whats up with all the couplings, no bracing, support for the valve, nail plate can you see thru the trim because that hole is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by LayinPipe View Post
                      Whats up with all the couplings, no bracing, support for the valve, nail plate can you see thru the trim because that hole is huge.

Hey before you jump down the guys throat try reading the entire thread!

Comment

Am I the only product of the 60s who keeps reading this title thinking it is about the end of the party for the night?

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Am I the only product of the 60s who keeps reading this title thinking it is about the end of the party for the night?

Mark
                          The only product of the 60's, maybe. I'm having the same thought, but I'm a product of the 90's.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                            Your not alone Mark. Some on here might think a lid is something you put on top of something, but we know better.
                            The Other Rick

Comment

Working...
                            X