weird faucet problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird faucet problem

I have a weird problem with my kitchen sink faucet, sometimes it will spit out air in between water. Sorta what happens when the city cuts off the water and then its turned back on when there is air in the system. Only it does it very frequently.

Thanks

Re: weird faucet problem

i've come across this on water heater installed in attics, that have a vacuum breaker installed on them, though it was a pretty intermittent problem.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Re: weird faucet problem

Does this air problem happen in other fixtures or just kit. Faucet. What type of water system are you on. Well city or municipal water. If you know that the water company is working on the lines and you are experiencing air in the line that sounds like the culprit. After any repair or installation the water co. Should disinfect and flush the water main, according to their state epa agency. Also if you live in a area with hills their is also the chance of air accumalting in the mains. Talk to your water co. In my area we have lots of air release valves which reduces if not eliminates the air problem.

Comment

Working...
      X