X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UV resistant PEX

Looking for a UV resistant PEX that I can use outside for my beach cottage outside shower. None of the big boxes have it and my local plumbing supply says they are not aware it being available. Does anyone have a brand or a supplier?

Re: UV resistant PEX

I sure wouldn't want pex exposed at my beach house or exposed even at my dog house. Hard to strap it so it runs straight and true. Copper or at worst galvanized pipe sure would look a lot better.

Comment

Uv resistant pex is only resistant for 90 days or so. Just long enough for exterior walls to go up. You should bury the line or use copper in the sun.

Comment

How 'Bout Painted CPVC ?

Comment

i'm not a big fan of pex. too many rules. call me old school.

is there a particular reason why you want to use pex?

Vince

Comment

aluma-pex
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rjniles View Post
              Looking for a UV resistant PEX that I can use outside for my beach cottage outside shower. None of the big boxes have it and my local plumbing supply says they are not aware it being available. Does anyone have a brand or a supplier?

Ahh, that'll be at the same store that they have the non-cheese/rodent free pex, along with the clean hand installer type pex. Don't fo-get you're non-dezincification type brass fittings either!
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Viega has UltraPex - it's the same as Vanguard (since Viega bought Vanguard) but it is not for use in direct UV. You could also use Viega FostaPex which is PEX-AL-PEX - nice stuff but once again it should not be used in direct UV for extended periods. Both of these products would require shielding from UV for the entire length of the exposed run - there is a special tape - forgot the name - but this would be something you would have to maintain carefully.

I agree with other posters - use copper or galvanized (uggh!) and you will be better off. Make sure you have a way to cut off the site and drain the lines for possible freezing or damage.

Comment

Working...
                X