Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amtrol Boiler Models are Different-Although Amtrol Says "NO WAY"!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrol Boiler Models are Different-Although Amtrol Says "NO WAY"!

Maybe someone out there can help me with a complaint that is ongoing with my third Amtrol Boiler Mate. I first had model No. WH41-L, that only lasted a few years. This boiler come with a lifetime warranty. I called Amtrol and after much persuasion they agreed to replace my tank. Model WH41-L was manufactured with four wires. Two for a power source and Two for the energy burner that meant, I had hot water during the summer season without turning on my heat.

The replacement boiler was Model WH41-Z. I had no idea of the change in the configuration, but after the install (which was during the summer), I noticed that I had no hot water. I called my plumber and he said that this tank only have two wires, and therefore, it is necessary for me to turn on the heat in order for me to get hot water. My plumber had to install a relay swith on the boiler in order for me to get hot water at a cost of $300.00.

Amtrol is saying that they merely swapped the same boiler mate for the other and that there is no change in their configuration, and is refusing to make good for the necessity of having to purchase a relay switch.

Can someone please confirm with me that model #WH41-L, had four electrical wires, and the WH41-Z has only two. With confirmation, I can at least confirm with Amtrol the different configuration.

By the way, I am a lady who is not plumber savvy, so I hope you understand my complaint.

Re: Amtrol Boiler Models are Different-Although Amtrol Says "NO WAY"!

They don't show how many wires on the Z or L models but they are different thermostats. The L has smart control the Z has an electromechanical thermostat. This is from their own literature.
    What is the model number on the thermostat?
    Last edited by EasyEman; 04-30-2009, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Your heating guy or plumber is full of crap or does not know the product. They are the same tank and can be wired to operate on cold start. You can get the wiring diagrams on Amtrols site but you may still have them if you didn't throw out the directions. There are two wires that go to the tank thermostat. What you do with them after that point is up to you.
      sigpic

Comment

It shows power wires and various ways to wired the zone control. One of the variations is the four wire zone valve. It shows the power lines and then lines to the boiler control. He should have been able to use the old wires to the boiler control assuming you had them to begin with.

Comment

Working...
        X