X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cutting head should I use?

A friend got a pretty good deal on a K-750 sewer auger, but the catch is that it only came with the small spear head. We tried it on my clogged sewer line and it works slightly better now, but I suspect tree roots.

What kind of head do I need to buy? And where should I buy it? I've called all over town and nobody sells them. Internet shopping is OK by me.

Thanks,
    Eric

Re: Which cutting head should I use?

There are all kinds of heads for all kinds of clogs. First determine what heads you want from the Rigid web page and then have either your plumbing wholesale house order them or try online. I like www.toolup.com
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link! That store seems to carry all of the heads I could ask for.

However, I'm still not sure what kind of cutting head I need to buy since there are so many different types. The sizing of the head is pretty obvious, but I don't know if I want a C cutter or a 3-blade cutter for tree roots. Or something entirely different.

Comment

on roots many use the type in the pictures, I have found them effective

I know this is not really clear but it is a some what a guide on the cutters and there uses
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BHD; 05-03-2009, 04:48 PM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Deleated
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks for the guide, BHD. Now I'm ready to get my sewer into shape!

Comment

What ridgid calls a shark tooth is my "daily driver" for a main line blade.I often run with the 4" and frequently the 6" double blades.
              mytana.com is my personal fave for buying blades and cables.
              Of course they are here in my back yard!

Comment

Working...
              X