X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterized Home

Im buying a new home thats been winterized. There was also an inspection done and the inspector says the system wont hold pressure indicating a potential leak. What should I do first? Im pretty handy and am planning to tackle the work myself. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance. By the im a new member.

Re: Winterized Home

You should pressurize the system with air to locate potential leaks without water spraying everywhere. Also look for water stains when searching for the leaks with air. They might be useful clues to get you close to the leaks. After repairs, pressurize until system holds air. Normal tests are 80 PSI for 15-30 minutes or longer. Also check water heaters and pressure tanks if you are on a well. My avatar picture was a water heater in a frozen house last year. Other potential freeze damage is in every trap and fixtures.
    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Winterizing is not perfect.A low spot in the water pipe and boom!Split in the freeze.
      Hook up an air tank via a hose bibb or what ever you can make work then go snooping for the noise.
      Good luck!Let us know how you come out.

Comment

Thanks. I get to tear into it this weekend. Ill keep you up to date.

Comment

I'd love to help but I m not sure what winterizing means.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
            I'd love to help but I m not sure what winterizing means.
            If you live in Tucson, do you even know what "winter" means? In Colorado we have winter and July.
            ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
            X