X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clogged Kitchen Sink Drain Line

Last week I had a kitchen sink line clog on me. The nearest cleanout in the basement was about 6 feet away and maybe 3 feet of head pressure. I was surprised at the velocity and volume of water that covered me when I removed the plug to rod the line.

I used a rag to cover the plug and a bucket to catch the water but it failed to protect me from the drenching.

Is there another technique used by plumbers to divert the flow of water in full or partially full drain lines when you need to open a cleanout and rod the line?

Re: Clogged Kitchen Sink Drain Line

Originally posted by Big Jim
    Now that you've been baptized, how about just opening the clean out enough to let water trickle out without removing it all the way? May take a while to drain down, but better than getting drenched.
    sometimes the obvious is too simple

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

That makes to much sense. What about a vertical stack? You can't catch the water. Use a mop?

Comment

attack it from above. otherwise you make a lake of nasty and that's a whole 'nother story

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
        X