Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace radiator

All,

House: 1932 with some remodeling done in the 80's (poorly)

We have a very small bathroom (5' x 5') with tub, commode, pedestal sink and radiator. We want to gain a little more room and are considering two options:

1) Replace radiator with wall mounted tube heater/towel warmer.
    2) Replace radiator with under tile mesh style radiant heat.

Does anyone have experience with option 1? Also, given the small workable space (4 x 3) is option 2 feasible from a btu requirement point.

Thanks

Re: Replace radiator

I would appreciate any comments. If this is posted in the wrong place, please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

For option #1 look here for something that will work for you.

http://www.runtalnorthamerica.com/to...ors/index.html

Pretty straight forward install for most heat guys. The most critical areas are getting the pipes in the exact location and proper wood backing for the towel warmer.

Option #2 for such a small area I would look for an electric matt for under the tile. That would be easier and cheaper than a piping arrangement.

I would suggest a combination of both towel warmer and electric matt

Comment

Thanks for the info. I welcome additional comments

Comment

Thats looks like a good idea but is there something that we can just pull up our existing steam radiator & hook that into.

Comment

I personally think you should pull the radiator and replace it with a high end baseboard heater like a slant fin. This is done frequently where a window had a radiator under it and then later became a patio door, or at least that's where I have seen it done. In my opinion this is the cheapest option but I really like that towel rack. That way you can still warm your towels like the radiator used to.

Comment

Leave the baseboard and put a Beacon Morris K42 or 81 under the vanity.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate having the ability to ask questions of you pros.

Rick

Comment

"high end baseboard heater", is there a kind that attaches where the steam radiator used to be? Id rather have a baseboard instead of my big heavy radiator.

Comment

Working...
                  X