X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaning my Rinnai R75LSi Tankless Water Heater

Originally posted by theoak View Post
    All CAPS? ... yuck ...

While tankless water heaters are relatively new to North America, tankless heaters have been used in Asia and Europe for 20+ years.
    But....there uses and reasoning is different. So that has helped them carry on there.

On another note, theoak has given frequent, accurate, unbiased updates in my opinion for all to gather information and come to conclusions for themselves.

He has not stated to my knowledge that his tankless has been perfect or saving tons of money but has been good for his needs.

Thanks for the information.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      But....there uses and reasoning is different. So that has helped them carry on there.

On another note, theoak has given frequent, accurate, unbiased updates in my opinion for all to gather information and come to conclusions for themselves.

He has not stated to my knowledge that his tankless has been perfect or saving tons of money but has been good for his needs.

Thanks for the information.

J.C.
      Thanks for the props

I try to let the numbers speak for themselves ... I find it hard to argue with numbers ... with that being said, I can only present data specific to my application.

I do not want to go off topic any further ... for those interested, for my tankless summary (typically updated monthly as the bills come in), click here.
      Last edited by theoak; 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

TAX CREDIT ! Takagi Re: Cleaning my Rinnai R75LSi Tankless Water Heater

Thank you for the the Tankless discussion. It is time for me to flush mine. I had a "Flash"Takagi TK3 installed for a total cost of $1500 as part of a repipe job. Heater itself was about $800-900. In the place where the tank heater was, we put an exercise machine. Takagi brand was plumber's choice, and I went along with that. A little reduction in winter gas usage, but in the summer, savings of 50% on the gas bill. Even more if I were to turn off the furnace pilot. We do not have a gas stove. Obama Alert Obama Alert: Tax savings in 2009: Looks like I will get a $1500 tax credit for this year, if so the installed TK3 will be FREE. See attached documentation. Free tankless, some gas bill reduction, and 5 months of 1/2 of a gas bill during the California summer. Not bad, eh?

Comment

TAX CREDIT Re: Cleaning my Rinnai R75LSi Tankless Water Heater

Now I will try uploading the attachements again.
          Attached Files

Comment

TAX CREDIT Takagi Re: Cleaning my Rinnai R75LSi Tankless Water Heater

Well, I think the Word attachment was blank, so here is the text on how to file with the IRS for your 2009 tax year:

Improvements made in 2009 will be claimed on your 2009 taxes (filed by April 15, 2010) — use IRS Tax Form 5695 (2009 version) — it will be available late 2009 or early 2010. Improvements made in 2010 will be claimed on your 2010 taxes (filed by April 15, 2011) — use IRS Tax Form 5695.

Comment

I believe the rebate is 30% or up to $1500.

That still puts you at $450 which is a nice chunk.

I missed all the rebates unfortunately.

There was one in 2007 and in 2009. I installed mine in 2008 ...

Comment

oak. thank you. breid

Comment

I use boilers to make domestic hot water.

To clean a domestic coil I use acetic acid 100% Vinegar is only about 7%.
                  If a coil is seriously clogged you have to use a stronger acid, like hydrocloric, eg Sizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinCorr View Post
                    I use boilers to make domestic hot water.

To clean a domestic coil I use acetic acid 100% Vinegar is only about 7%.
                    If a coil is seriously clogged you have to use a stronger acid, like hydrocloric, eg Sizzle.
                    Phosphoric acid works well too and won't damage the coil.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                      Phosphoric acid works well too and won't damage the coil.
                      Agreed, A.O. Smith makes a product called De-Lime that is Phosphoric acid that they sell to plumbers to delime the commercial tanks. Just do not let the acid touch the anode rod.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Found a blog containing a pretty good little video of the process here.

Comment

Hello,

I just installed a R75LSI on Septemper. The installer didnot install isolation valve kit for cleaning. Are they suppose to install it when they install the unit or this is an option? If they won't install it does anyone know where to get one at good price in Ontario?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X