Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing exam Isometric simple offsets

Hello,
    I am so disgusted with myself, I took the plumbing exam today and failed by 5 questions on isometric drawings. I just don't get it...
    I can't seem to get the correct formula or way to figure it out for calculating distances of an offset. Trigonometry functions and I do not get along. Someone mentioned getting the Smoley's Table of multipliers for calculating simple offsets, what is it?
    Help clear my mind...5 questions!!!!!
    Thank you
    Hooks

Re: Plumbing exam Isometric simple offsets

Here is a decent book:

http://www.pipefitter.com/existing_php/PFWH.php

Works for plumbers, too!

Comment

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

A squared, plus B squared, = C squared.

or run or rise x 1.414 - 2x fitting allowance
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hooks View Post
          Hello,
          I am so disgusted with myself, I took the plumbing exam today and failed by 5 questions on isometric drawings. I just don't get it...
          I can't seem to get the correct formula or way to figure it out for calculating distances of an offset. Trigonometry functions and I do not get along. Someone mentioned getting the Smoley's Table of multipliers for calculating simple offsets, what is it?
          Thank you
          Hooks

Stick with it, just took mine last August I went to a class that tought you how to pass it. It was like $1,000 but I passed my first time. Google, construction school or contractors license and you will find some classes. You just have to transform your mind to think different for those 5 hours but once you understand what they want it will come easy. Good Luck. Also do they offer a challange and review of the test if so I would highley recommand it.
          You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you
            Hooks
            Those drawings got me too! You will get it, don't give up.

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you
              Hooks

Comment

Working...
              X