X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler toilet

Is there any way to find the model # of a toilet on the unit itself? The unit I need to either replace the guts or get a new toilet. I found what I think is the right guts but it's over $100 retail as opposed to $15 at HD for more common ones.

Thanks

Re: Kohler toilet

You will find the model number stamped or inked on the inside wall of the TANK. It will be "K-nnnn".

You can find your model breakdown on www.kohlerserviceparts.com

Kohler is famous for using unique parts in all its various models. It is not unusual that a repair for a kohler toilet could run $100 to $200 in parts, because "generic" or "universal" parts are not available.

Comment

fortunately the low flow 1.6 toilets are much simpler and the parts are mostly made by fluidmaster.

if it's pre 1990 then the parts could be very expansive if you need a complete ballcock for a 1 pc. toilet.

take a picture and post it here, of the inside of the toilet and the complete toilet. we can id it and give you the good and bad news.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I did locate the model #. It's: Kohler Rialto 3402
        Long discontinued and replacement parts are like gold. At this point I am thinking of just replacing it. I am leaning towards a dual flush unit. What would you guys recommend for a reasonably priced unit?

Thanks

Comment

Don't give yourself a headache over an old toilet that you can't find parts for. Buy a new class five Kohler. Good luck!

Comment

research Toto toilets before you go back to kohler.

Comment

Originally posted by osgoor View Post
              Long discontinued and replacement parts are like gold. At this point I am thinking of just replacing it. I am leaning towards a dual flush unit. What would you guys recommend for a reasonably priced unit?

Thanks
              last time i checked, i had 50 kohler 1b1x brass ballcocks for it. also the newer flush valve retro fit unit too.

a very common low end 1 pc. toilet. i've fixed hundreds of these. this was an accident waiting to happen for kohler.

parts are no problem. if you don't use the proper ballcock that has the dual type float, the toilet will not flush very good.

another kohler junk design.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by osgoor View Post
                Thanks
                I was almost going to suggest that you probably had a Rialto (aka Fiasco).

They were widely sold into high end homes and remodels. Selling features were the very low profile and extremely quiet flush.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will be looking at new toilets very soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X