X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: more code

the brass ferrule will get crushed down onto the pipe, not really removable at that point, a plastic one won't really bind to the pipe, and will remain removable.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      We didn't mean to confuse you but when the slip joint washer is replaced with a brass ferrule it is no longer a slip joint fitting it becomes a mechanical fitting.

Mark
      Even if it's joined to a PVC thread?

I thought it was only if joined to a brass thread

Comment

i just got confused by bob d.'s last post. i thought he might be pulling my leg. are no-hub couplings allowed to be used where there is no access?
        Last edited by john050378; 05-16-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by john050378 View Post
          i just got confused by bob d.'s last post. i thought he might be pulling my leg. are no-hub couplings allowed to be used where there is no access?
          Yes they are legal in wall.

The abs waste and overflow needs an access panel or switch it to solvent weld.

Comment

oh wow yeah there was no access before i made one. i don't know how this place ever passed it's final plumbing inspection. is this a common thing with condos?

Comment

Originally posted by john050378 View Post
              oh wow yeah there was no access before i made one. i don't know how this place ever passed it's final plumbing inspection. is this a common thing with condos?
              Condos that were built as rental apartments with common plumbing can be an adventure. When they get sold off as separate units there can be creative ways of splitting the plumbing.
              Somebody doesnt want the neighbors drain access in their closet. So they seal it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                We didn't mean to confuse you but when the slip joint washer is replaced with a brass ferrule it is no longer a slip joint fitting it becomes a mechanical fitting.

Mark
                Mark
                According to the 2006 UPC (2007 CPC) 221.0 (Definitions) [page 23], a slip joint connection consists of a three piece construction, i.e. nut, friction ring and washer. Thus, a plastic two piece waste connector (male adapter and nut), by this definition, would not be a slip joint connection. It would be a mechanical fitting.
                Of course, this only applies to the UPC. Other codes may vary.

Comment

Working...
                X