X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perplexed

Looking for a leak, I turned off the water supply to the toilet at the shutoff valve behind it. Nothing else was touched , in fact when i went down to see if i may have been sleep-walking or something, the shutoff in the basement wouldn't budge. My problem is that no matter which way i turn the valve behind the toilet i get no water. in fact the silence is deafening. Absolutely nothing happens I'd truly appreciate some input. Thanks.
    djame

Re: Perplexed

MORE THEN LIKELY THE RUBBER WASHER ON THE VALVE STEM CAME LOOSE INSIDE AND IS STRUCK HOLDING WATER, ! !

GET NEW VALVE AND SUPPLY RISER, TURN WATER OFF TO HOUSE AND DRAIN WATER DOWN THE WATER BY OPENING ALL OF YOUR FAUCETS INSIDE THE HOUSE AND THE OUTSIDE ONE'S TOO
    REMEMBER WATER SEEKS IT'S OWN LEVEL. HAVE SMALL DISH OR PAN UNDER VALVE REMOVE FROM PIPE AND INSTALL NEW VALVE, SLOWLY TURN WATER BACK ON 1/2 WAY THEN STARTING AT THE LOWEST FAUCET GO THOUGH AND TURN FAUCETS OFF WORKING YOUR WAY UPSTAIRS,

BE SURE TO GO BACK AND TURN MAIN VALVE ALL THE WAY BACK ON ! ! !

OR YOU CAN JUST PAY A PLUMBER 150.00 TO 200.00 DOLLARS TO COME OUT AND DO IT FOR YOU ! ! ! ! !
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Thanks JerryMac,

I'll let you know how my weekend project turns out

djame

Comment

It is possible that in turning that valve off and then on, a piece of debris, like a chunk of rubber washer, became loose, and traveled up and blocked the fill valve.

Comment

Working...
        X