X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures??

how do i upload pictures from my computer to the forum? any time i try, the forum comes up with an error message.

Re: pictures??

Where are you trying to upload them from?Needs to be web based.

Comment

i put them on my computer from my digital camera.

Comment

What is the exact error message? Without it, we're all shooting in the dark.

Comment

You might be having a problem like I have had. Your pictures are probably too large of a file. You'll notice that the upload window allows for a certain size file (typically JPEG). If your pics are larger than this, it won't load or will time out/get an error.

You'll have to resize your pics (Pixresizer or some other software-free, I think) or adjust your camera settings and take them again, then upload them.

Don't worry, what's considered low quality for digital pictures are still very good for posting here. (Not too many photog critics)

J.C.

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...86&postcount=7
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

You can't just send a file on your computer to the internet. One easy way to upload photos TO the internet, so they may then be seen by others is to open a free account at photobucket.com

Each photo uploaded there is given a url address, which may be pasted as a link. Many forums support what is called [IMG] code where if the pic is not too big, it can be inserted right into the body of a message. Like this:

first, here is a link to the photo, which you click on to see.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...0CHARGERS1.jpg

here is using image code:

by the way, you have to be a resident of San Diego county to appreciate the logo on that helmet! Long story!

Comment

I was wondering about how to have my pictures appear in the body of the post.

I just add them as attachments but those don't appear in the post body.

So everyone who has pics in the body of the message is linking to other sites like photobucket?

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

So everyone who has pics in the body of the message is linking to other sites like photobucket?

You can't just "attach" some file from your computer to a post on the internet. This is not email!

The photo has to BE SOMEWHERE on the internet, to be SEEN BY OTHERS on the internet. Photobucket is very convenient. There are others. And of course if you have a website, you can link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post

I don't use photobucket. I use canon software, comes with the camera, and resizes pics very easily.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
                      You can't just "attach" some file from your computer to a post on the internet. This is not email!
                      Could you explain this further because I think this is what I do and have no problems with it.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i've used photobucket before with my myspace and it works great as long as you don't erase the pictures from your account. i used the link that bob d. posted and now i'm able to upload pictures from my computer to this forum with no issues. thanks bob.

Comment

Just had to try this.Pic of early warning siren I help build and install.
                          That is from My pictures on my computer took 30 sec.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by cincy plumber; 05-16-2009, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post

The photo has to BE SOMEWHERE on the internet, to be SEEN BY OTHERS on the internet. Photobucket is very convenient. There are others. And of course if you have a website, you can link to it.
                            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            I don't use photobucket. I use canon software, comes with the camera, and resizes pics very easily.
                            Originally posted by cincy plumber View Post
                            Just had to try this.Pic of early warning siren I help build and install.
                            That is from My pictures on my computer took 30 sec.
                            When you post you have the option to attach a photo like cincy plumber has done here. I understand how to attach a picture.

What I do not know how to do is have a picture appear in the post. Like Rick did here http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...51&postcount=1

I take it photobucket or other website is the answer.

or am I ?
                            Attached Files

Lenny

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

testing

ok, got it, thanks

Lenny