Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe lining feasible for 1-2 feet under a bldg?

one building of an apt complex has a break in a cast iron line under it.

instead of busting up the concrete is it feasible to line the pipe?

if it is feasible, is it possible to only line the 1-2 feet where the break occurred?

finally, if it is feasible, the only entry point for the liner is 45 degree schedule 40 cleanout, would that handle the pounding of the ram?

thanks for your feedback.

Re: Pipe lining feasible for 1-2 feet under a bldg?

Ram? i think your thinking of something like lining a well. with a drain line you would use a fiberglass type patch put in place with an air filled blader the whole deal would take a licenced plumber familiar with this type of patching roughly 4 hours baring any complications.

Of corse the drain line would need to be jetted and camed first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZ4HUOpUI4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72jftMW9-S0 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<,have to go to google video to watch this one.
    Last edited by Arthur96; 05-16-2009, 07:36 PM.

Comment

From what you are describing, It sounds like this situation would be perfect for a no dig pipe patch.

The best way for me to describe a no dig patch is to compare it to doing a stint, just a lot more dirty.

http://s1eonline.com/

Or you can try to contact " pipepatch" (Chad Miller) via PM. He is a member of the forum and a Pipe Patch rep.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Hey Arthur,
        You video is not playing for some reason.
        It says "Embedding disabled by request" ???????
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

ahh same here Dag nab google ill see if i can find another

Comment

thanks for your replies so far!

the idea of getting this taken care of in 1 day versus 3-5 for my maintenance man to bust up the floor, perform the fix, then lay new concrete, plus the inconvenience to the resident(s) in the building is a good thing.

if feasible, it's definitely something i'd have a professional do.

since i'll be doing a gas leak test on the property in the near future, hopefully the same plumber can do the pipe patch as well as the leak test. and since the pipe break is currently leaking wastewater into the ground, the sooner the better.

two questions, is the fiberglass patch a good long term solution that will also allow me to jet or cable in the future?

question two, are there any other methods? plaster sounds easier but i was originally thinking of shoving a smaller diameter pipe into the existing pipe as a patch, hence the ram.

Comment

A PipePatch sounds like the perfect fit for your problem. Pushing a packer that is wraped with fiberglass can easily be done with our system. Not all plumbers are certified to use PipePatch and our system is not available for anyone who has not been properly trained. I cover the eastern half of the US, but I can point you in the right direction. Please feel free to contact me personally, and I will help your any way I can.

Comment

Originally posted by jcanedo View Post
                thanks for your replies so far!

the idea of getting this taken care of in 1 day versus 3-5 for my maintenance man to bust up the floor, perform the fix, then lay new concrete, plus the inconvenience to the resident(s) in the building is a good thing.

if feasible, it's definitely something i'd have a professional do.

since i'll be doing a gas leak test on the property in the near future, hopefully the same plumber can do the pipe patch as well as the leak test. and since the pipe break is currently leaking wastewater into the ground, the sooner the better.

two questions, is the fiberglass patch a good long term solution that will also allow me to jet or cable in the future?

question two, are there any other methods? plaster sounds easier but i was originally thinking of shoving a smaller diameter pipe into the existing pipe as a patch, hence the ram.

Plaster? nononono and the smaller pipe idea well no not really. how would you seal it? plaster?

the fiberglass pipe patch is a permanent fix and you can jet and cable after as well.

so if i were you i would contact a plumber familiar with this type of work and trained to do it.

I believe the gentalman who offerd you help in contacting someone in your area would be you best bet if you havnt found someone already.

Comment

Isn't it against code to reduce drain pipe size down stream! Isn't that what You'd be doing?
                  Also You'll have to see if Your town of city will allow this.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

yea it is but the pipe patch would reduce it by something like a quarter inch (i think) and gradually at that and them widen back out. from what i understand even some cities and towns use the pipe patch method. and they say its stronger than the pipe as well.

Pipe lining iv seen lots on vertical wells and rarely on anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X