Sewer No-no's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sewer No-no's

I aggree being a little rough, Is this not a forum for Proffesionals though???

Yes flushing any foreign debris besides normal waste and toilet paper can cause problems. Of course how old is the house, what type of piping. If you care about those things that will make a differnce of what you can flush. The best guidline is when in doubt throw it out. Dont flush it down.

Good luck on your future plumbing problems!!

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
      Wow. Some of you are being a little hard on the guy, don't ya think?

Do you all make comments like that in a customer's house when your face to face?
      Big surprise when a bunch of plumbers get together and start talking S**T.

Comment

If you are on a septic system you don't want any thing other than feces, urine and a small amount of t.p. in the tank (of course grey water goes in but one should be careful not to dump harsh cleaners either). The other materials add bulk to the tank and don't break down. The bacteria cant digest raw food from the disposal or heavy papers. They might be able to deal with the cat poo without the paper towel, however animal feces breaks down different than human so I'd only dispose of small amounts of it in the tank.

Also don't add bacteria to your system unless a proffesional pumper has told you to do so. I've seen too many systems fouled by the use of Ri_-E_.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I has a nasty one yesterday, a romaine lettuce stump stuck in the main drain in a condo. Someone flushed something other than poo

Comment

Working...
          X