Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing a garden hose spigot in my garage: DIY or hire a pro?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Installing a garden hose spigot in my garage: DIY or hire a pro?

Originally posted by BrandonG View Post
    Having your HD backed up incase it crashes?????
    I suppose that works in some ways, especially if you ensure access to a printer and put it in context of having some important data that needs to be sent somewhere. If my network repairs are preventing access to the internet, and someone on my network needs to turn in an assignment by email, keeping a network printer online so they can get a physical copy of their work to the teacher is a good stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota Master View Post
      mIC THE BEST ADVICE TO GIVE IS DON'T PRICE TILL LOOKING. THE CAR MECHANIC CAN,T DIAGNOSE THE NOISE COMEING FROM UNDER YOUR HOOD UNLESS YOU LET HIM LOOK UNDER THE HOOD ! cHRIS
      I hear ya, I wouldn't expect a number good enough to base a contract on until a pro assesses the job in person, with his own eyes. I am a first time home owner though, and I have no idea how much I should expect to pay for a lot of things. I basically want to know if I would be wasting someone's time when I have a budget of $4000, or would it be a better idea to wait until I have more like $8000-$10000 to invest in the project?

I took some pictures of my basement where the drain and water access was put in, I'll get them posted tomorrow.

Comment

I will gladly fly to Kansas and install that hosebibb for $4000.00.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
          Meeting the Wizard would be priceless.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Meeting the Wizard would be priceless.
            I know the secret though. The REAL wizard lives in California.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.

rofl

I'll be driving through Kansas in latter half of June, and if you put me up and pour me a drink, I'll let YOU do it wathman and hold a light for you. Then you can post pics and everyone can say how I let you do it wrong.
              Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-21-2009, 01:40 AM.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

heh, I guess it's my fault for not moving the topic over to a new thread, I was referring to a second question of having an entire bathroom outfitted in the basement, and wondering how much it would cost.

While I am indeed a newbie home owner, I wouldn't pay $4000 just so I can have a garden hose in my garage... unless it comes with a free bathroom installation

Comment

PVC water lines?

Comment

Originally posted by snake View Post
                    PVC water lines?
                    First clue he/she probably shouldn't be working on it.

J.C.

Comment

ok, so the water lines are probably really PEX tubing, see? I'm learning stuff already The drains look to be PVC though.

Besides I've pretty much given up on the idea of doing the plumbing myself. I'll stick to changing out shower heads and fixing leaky faucets until I know a lot more.

Comment

Lets see a picture and we can tell you for sure, they may be CPVC, PolyB, Quest, a picture is really the best way,

Comment

I took the pictures last night, didn't have time to resize them and upload so I'll get them up this evening. I'll put it in a new post too since the title of this thread isn't all that relevant anymore. Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X