Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Advice for new bathroom in basement, what to expect when hiring a pro? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice for new bathroom in basement, what to expect when hiring a pro?

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
    ... I just use pipe strapping and a stove bolt.
    what's a stove bolt? Never heard that one before.

Comment

just a slotted head bolt with a nut. supposedly they look like the bolts that were used to put together sheet metal wood burning stoves.

It never occurred to me that stove bolt might not be the term everyone uses for them.

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      what's a stove bolt? Never heard that one before.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Like this.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          I never seen blue primer before.

One other thing..you might want to change out those plastic "j" hooks, and use greenfield hangers. When they first came out in the 80's we used them in new work, until a few sewers backed up, and the main drain lines in those homes came crashing down. (they can't support the weight)
          It looks like oatey rain r shine glue. either used clear primer or no primer cause you dont need it with rain r shine on dwv up to 4 inch if local codes permit

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            ... I just use pipe strapping and a stove bolt.
            NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Who told you that was ok. The guy in the plumbing aisle at home depot?

Comment

Working...
            X