Old pipe replacements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old pipe replacements

Unless your water is acidic your brass pipe will last longer than just about anything else in your house. If there is/was a leak, it probably was there from the get go. As for lead leaching into your water, brass pipe, like copper tube forms a coating on it's inside walls that seals it off from the corrosive effects of water. Acidic water or even highly purified water can strip off this patina which will allow the water to break down and carry away metals (copper, zinc, lead) in the pipe/tube, eventually leading to possible leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
      Please note NHMatt, I am not directing this toward you but towards the millions of people that feel as though plumbing consists of:

-Cold on right, Hot on left
      -$hit flows downhill
      -Payday is on Friday
      and dont chew your fingernails!

How about you ask your Homeowners insurance compnies how they feel about DIY, they love it!!!
      They can't do nuthin'. They have to prove you did something wrong, and as far as I'm concerned "it was like that when I moved in!"

Seriously, I get my stuff checked. Small towns are worse than big cities. But just because someone has a white van and a cell phone doesn't mean they're any better than your average DIY. I'm not thinking of plumbers, somehow they've maintained their integrity, but HVAC is rife with this junk.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
        Type "L" Copper tubing for water, IIRC in MA, as a homeowner you cannot perform your own plumbing work, they wont even sell you materials in the state without a license.

I can recommend a GOOD HONEST RELIABLE PLUMBER in your area, PM him, his Screen name is "Duck Butter"
        Wrench , Are You saying H.d. in Mass. doesn't sell copper pipe and fittings? Water Heaters,
        Pressure Regs . Ect.? Thanks Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If you want to replace the old pipes, I think the CPVC pipe is good, because mechanical properties of CPVC pipe is better.
          black steel pipe

Comment

Working...
          X