Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

    If you decide to go with American Standard, you have to realize that their quality control has become practically non existent. While the Cadet 3 and Champion 4 may both be good flushers, that will be a moot point if you find a crack in the toilet, or if the bowl is so out of level that you slide right off of it. Throw in the fact that you want 4 of them, and you should likely plan on having to make at least an exchange or two before you finally get 4 toilets that actually are defect free. At that point, you are now adding in the added cost of gas money, wear and tear on your car, and the increase in your blood pressure (which means increased medical bills lol). Suddenly that great deal you got for the toilets isn't as great. Just my two cents.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

      Bear in mind that a good toilet might stay installed in your house for 20 - 30 years so how much per day does a good $340 crapper cost?

      http://www.totousa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=185

      Interestingly enough someone mentioned where Toilets are made...
      Today we live in a global maketplace like it or not...

      All too many of our Anerican Companies have out sourced production to South of the Border, China, and God knows where else they could get it made cheaper...

      Good ol Am. Std. Hecho en Mexico, Guatamala, Brazil, Honduras...

      This happens while a Japanese Corporation... Toto...
      Comes in and builds a manufacturing plant in Morrow, Georgia...
      Go figure!
      One thing for sure...
      Wherever a Toto toilet is made in the world the quality standards are never relaxed.

      My wifes Toyota Camry is more American than my Mexican GMC & Dodge trucks...

      We really need to think about who needs taxpayer bailouts...

      Last edited by Redwood; 06-03-2009, 10:59 PM.
      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

        Very useful info! Thank you. ...and ironically, my blood pressure is already high enough, so there's no reason to push it any higher and increase my meds over this!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

          Originally posted by Marklar89 View Post
          I would have to agree with EasyEman because american standard toilets rock especially the cadet 3. I also like toto (as much as I could be knocked for this) and I personally have an eljer in my home, which I havent heard of, but it works awesome! Have a good one and happy shopping.
          I like ToTo also. they got it right first and you could flush a weiner dog through them

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

            Originally posted by Redwood View Post
            Bear in mind that a good toilet might stay installed in your house for 20 - 30 years so how much per day does a good $340 crapper cost?

            http://www.totousa.com/Default.aspx?tabid=185

            Interestingly enough someone mentioned where Toilets are made...
            Today we live in a global maketplace like it or not...

            All too many of our Anerican Companies have out sourced production to South of the Border, China, and God knows where else they could get it made cheaper...

            Good ol Am. Std. Hecho en Mexico, Guatamala, Brazil, Honduras...

            This happens while a Japanese Corporation... Toto...
            Comes in and builds a manufacturing plant in Morrow, Georgia...
            Go figure!
            One thing for sure...
            Wherever a Toto toilet is made in the world the quality standards are never relaxed.

            My wifes Toyota Camry is more American than my Mexican GMC & Dodge trucks...

            We really need to think about who needs taxpayer bailouts...

            Again ToTo Rocks.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

              Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              I use Gerber toilets for an economic but quality choice. Still made in the USA! And the best toilet I can find for the buck.
              I don't like Amercan Standard or anything else in the "economic" price range besides Gerber.
              If my customer is willing to spend a little more, I strongly recommend the Toto Drake.
              I can also understand the bang for buck idea But, cost don't matter much to customer when there is S--T running on the floor.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                Originally posted by micp879 View Post
                If you decide to go with American Standard, you have to realize that their quality control has become practically non existent. While the Cadet 3 and Champion 4 may both be good flushers, that will be a moot point if you find a crack in the toilet, or if the bowl is so out of level that you slide right off of it. Throw in the fact that you want 4 of them, and you should likely plan on having to make at least an exchange or two before you finally get 4 toilets that actually are defect free. At that point, you are now adding in the added cost of gas money, wear and tear on your car, and the increase in your blood pressure (which means increased medical bills lol). Suddenly that great deal you got for the toilets isn't as great. Just my two cents.
                Sounds like a toilet bought at big box store for sunday paper prices. They get the reject bowls and tanks that our good wholesalers will not allow in their stock

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                  I think "bang for the buck" has an implication of a nice ratio of quality to price. It's not about "cheap". It's about being a good value.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                    Originally posted by rofl View Post
                    I think "bang for the buck" has an implication of a nice ratio of quality to price. It's not about "cheap". It's about being a good value.
                    Yep...that about sums it up. Don't need the luxury self wiping model, but don't want it running on the floor either. How much does it cost to take a comfy functional dump without having to step in it after?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                      It doesn't cost, it's priceless. I just installed two Mansfield Quantums. My price was about 250 each, including seat. You will pay more than that.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                        TOTO maybe a great toilet however it is not necessary to spend that much to get a quality toilet. I have installed dozens of American Standards and Jacuzzi's without issue.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                          Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                          TOTO maybe a great toilet however it is not necessary to spend that much to get a quality toilet. I have installed dozens of American Standards and Jacuzzi's without issue.
                          I guess you may be very lucky...
                          411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                            Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                            I guess you may be very lucky...

                            Never been accused of that before.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                              Toto seems to get rave reviews.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Best Bang for the Buck in a Replacement Toilet

                                Just Installed a Gerber Avalanche Today ... Seems Impressive I will post a reveiw when I get feedback from my Customer ... Under $400.00 Installed
                                Grout , SS , Tube , ring and Easy clean Seat ...

                                Dave

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X