what price would you ask..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what price would you ask..........

.....for a 40 gallon gas water heater, still in the box new. it is the non spark ignition type. i have one but never used it and i moved so i want to sell it. i don't remember what i paid for it and would like to get an idea of what to ask. i don't want to get screwed, unless i get a kiss first. it has the 6 year warranty but i don't expect that to be a selling point. anyone?

steve

Re: what price would you ask..........

What brand is it and what model? I just recently had mine replaced they run between $300-$1100 the norm was around $450.00. However it all depends on what exactly you have.

Comment

100 bucks

Comment

Warranty is void when you sell it for some brands.

Comment

$50 if you deliver it...
          411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

That water heater predates July 2003, so it is 6+ years old. It probably cost $275 at the tikme. Although an equivalent today would run $375+ ( $475+ in certain California counties), most folks would balk at the age, and I think the $50 offer is fair. After all, it is out of warranty, no matter that you never installed it. And the question of how it has been treated over the last 6 years is unknown to your buyer.

Comment

out here it would not be legal to install or sell.

i have a few new old stock heaters that i'm stuck with too.

unless you give it away, it can come back to bite you.

ps. a so cal. lo nox ,fvir 50 gas ran me $466. plus tax.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

$100.00 Delivered to Tampa FL

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ps. a so cal. lo nox ,fvir 50 gas ran me $466. plus tax.

rick.
                  That's a pretty good price if it is the LA/Orange county ultra low nox.

Comment

thanks for the responses.
                    50 bucks? surely you jest. i'll e-bay it or yard sale it but i'll not give it away. legal or not i'll take my chances of getting locked up in an overcrowded prison rather than get screwed. come on now, you guys REALLY wouldn't give it away, now would you? and i'm not on board with the idea of sharing my wealth either.

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
                      thanks for the responses.
                      50 bucks? surely you jest. i'll e-bay it or yard sale it but i'll not give it away. legal or not i'll take my chances of getting locked up in an overcrowded prison rather than get screwed. come on now, you guys REALLY wouldn't give it away, now would you? and i'm not on board with the idea of sharing my wealth either.
                      Sorry you didn't like my $50 reply but I really have no use for a Pre-FVIR water heater with no warrantee. It is, what it is, and thats what the market will bear. The only use for it would be on one of my own properties and even that is limited because of the no warrantee. My $50 offer delivered to me in Connecticut still stands...

Why don't you try your luck on Craigslist or, E-bay and see what the market will bear.
                      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

just don't hold your breath.

Comment

If you went to an overcrowded prison you would get screwed anyway. The only thing it is good for is as a storage tank.

Comment

Originally posted by halfpint View Post
                            .....for a 40 gallon gas water heater, still in the box new. it is the non spark ignition type. i have one but never used it and i moved so i want to sell it. i don't remember what i paid for it and would like to get an idea of what to ask. i don't want to get screwed, unless i get a kiss first. it has the 6 year warranty but i don't expect that to be a selling point. anyone?

steve
                            Do you have the older style without federal guidelines for exploision proof proection ? If so then it is not worth much at all to a installer. The goverment is very specfic about these newer rules.Came about 2002

Comment

Working...
                            X