Leach fields

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leach fields

Is there any wording in the UPC pertaining to what can be put over a leach field, for example pavement, sheds, temp storage bldgs.

Re: Leach fields

usually leach fields fall under the jurisdiction of your local Health/Bureau of Environmental Quality Agency. But as an engineer and Septic installer in NY State, I would NOT put pavement over leach fields nor anything else, traditional leach fields are supplemented by cappilary action and evaporation.

Dont put anything on top of leach fields other than grass, do not drive on them, it compacts them and shortens their life.

Galleys, are different they are made of precast concrete and can be H20 loaded any additional questions please ask

Comment

I would not put anything on a leach field I didn't want to dig up eventually.

Comment

In fact you should only plant grass or shallow rooted plants (duh he already said that)on drainfields. No heavy livestock either they are just as bad as driving on it, sometimes worse.
        Last edited by Trent2; 06-02-2009, 06:19 PM. Reason: I didn't pay attention......
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I agree with Trent in Oregon they don't allow anything paved, parking lots paved or unpaved. Building pads and pretty much anything that compacts the soil. And again Trent will tell you that a lot don't care if their livestock are over the leach fields or not. Stupid mistake if you ask me. Small storage sheds don't seem to be a problem how ever I would just put it somewhere else if they have the room.

Comment

Working...
          X