X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water heater element problem

I have a 50 ga. electric water that deveoped a lime build up and shorted out the lower element, no big deal cleaned the heater thoroughley and replaced the element with a name brand element.Six weeks the element goes out again minor lime so reclean, and this time I replaced with a sand hog element which I have never had a problem with.It last three months and shorts out, I have replaced three sand hog elemets all lower in the last nine months. The last one the end of the element was blown off not normal at all, this one has got me stumped, looking for suggestions short of replacing the heater which is in like new condition.

Re: Water heater element problem

Have you sucked the sediment out ? Big shop vac , conduit bends and a couple of hours ...

Comment

have you checked the Anode rod? sounds like you need to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter5121 View Post
        I have a 50 ga. electric water that deveoped a lime build up and shorted out the lower element, no big deal cleaned the heater thoroughley and replaced the element with a name brand element.Six weeks the element goes out again minor lime so reclean, and this time I replaced with a sand hog element which I have never had a problem with.It last three months and shorts out, I have replaced three sand hog elemets all lower in the last nine months. The last one the end of the element was blown off not normal at all, this one has got me stumped, looking for suggestions short of replacing the heater which is in like new condition.
        I had one like that before, and it was grounded bad. Try making sure you have a good ground.
        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Yes I have vacuumed it out twice using the method mentioned,I have replaced both upper and lower thermostats, But I have not checked the ground to be sure its OK Thanks All That replied.

Comment

Working...
          X