X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Replacing Toilet w/Toto

I'm re-doing a bathroom in my house sand will be replacing the existing toilet. The choices always seem to come back to Toto. I was thinking of an elongated 1-piece with G-Max - something like the Carlyle. I have some questions that perhaps some experts here could answer.

- First (and perhaps silliest) - What is a 12" or 10" center? What is this measured from?

- Do some models work better than others? If the flushing system is the same will they work equally well?

- Is there an advantage to a 2-piece toilet? The 1-piece would be easier to keep clean but I would give that up if performance is better.

- Is the G-Max 'good enough' or are Toto's other flushing systems better?

Thanks for any help.

...Chuck

Re: Question About Replacing Toilet w/Toto

I don't know Toto very well.
    The toilet rough in is measured from the bolts of the current toilet to the wall directly behind the toilet. From center of drain to wall if there is no toilet set.

Toto is reputed to be the best. I don't know why someone would spend that kind of money on commode.

Comment

the toto carlyle is a great looking toilet.

but be careful with the required measurements required for the water rough in.

the standard 6'' high and 6'' left of center line is not going to work. should be 8'' left of center line. it also requires the sub base/ flush el to be bolted down to the floor. great thing is if you need a 10'' or 14'' toilet, the carlyle will adapt with the purchase of the proper sub base.

here is the link to the toto carlyle.

http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail...d-afdde5e17e7c

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Once you get your toilet, I have the perfect bidet seat for you. It is even gift wrapped
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

remember joey, the bidet was a gift and since you didn't like it

i bought you a nice wooden cabinet/ dresser for your crafts.

so when it does get sold, i get the cash

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            remember joey, the bidet was a gift and since you didn't like it

i bought you a nice wooden cabinet/ dresser for your crafts.

so when it does get sold, i get the cash

rick.
            Joey is on the phone and she says she does not want the cash she is just tired of looking at the thing.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Joey is on the phone and she says she does not want the cash she is just tired of looking at the thing.

Mark
              thanks. i'll remeber that all the way to the bank

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by cdarney View Post
                I'm re-doing a bathroom in my house sand will be replacing the existing toilet. The choices always seem to come back to Toto. I was thinking of an elongated 1-piece with G-Max - something like the Carlyle. I have some questions that perhaps some experts here could answer.

- First (and perhaps silliest) - What is a 12" or 10" center? What is this measured from?

- Do some models work better than others? If the flushing system is the same will they work equally well?

- Is there an advantage to a 2-piece toilet? The 1-piece would be easier to keep clean but I would give that up if performance is better.

- Is the G-Max 'good enough' or are Toto's other flushing systems better?

Thanks for any help.

...Chuck
                All of the ToTo products are wonderfully designed. and thought through before letting public find out that they are not. Also the 10" and 12" Measurements are from the FINISHED wall to the bolt holes that hold toilet to floor. most commen is 12" When and if purchaseing the ToTo check out their matching slow close seats. This is a great feature and worth the extra cost.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Once you get your toilet, I have the perfect bidet seat for you. It is even gift wrapped
                  tHOSE SEATS ARE awsome AREN'T THEY

Comment

Thanks all for your help. I ended up going with an American Standard Compact Cadet 3 like this:

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/p...l.aspx?id=1938

It was more available and priced better. I had a real plumber come in and install it (as opposed to me screwing it up). Seems to work fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X