X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after concrete drains

I am installing new drains and will be pouring concrete over all when finished.
    What is the best way to do the toilet flange, shower, floor drain and sink drain.
    I would like to keep everything flush so I can screed the concrete over everything. Then install after.
    Can I put some kind of cap over things and chip out after?
    I will be putting tile down over the concrete.

Re: after concrete drains

Here's the problem: you apparently have no experience with construction or plumbing. Why are you doing it yourself? Do you just hate plumbers?

Comment

What, u did the piping first!. You should do it after the concrete is poured. ooooh man, get it rite the first time.

Comment

Hey Herk
        I never released what an idiot I am.
        The real problem is you and your attitude.
        You would be surprised to see what I have done around the place.
        I may work slow and take awhile to find out how to do things right but take pride in doing it myself.
        It says that you are a senior member, which I don't understand how you would make it that far with treating people with comments like that.
        An old saying comes to mind, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ekih View Post
          Hey Herk
          I never released what an idiot I am.
          The real problem is you and your attitude.
          You would be surprised to see what I have done around the place.
          I may work slow and take awhile to find out how to do things right but take pride in doing it myself.
          It says that you are a senior member, which I don't understand how you would make it that far with treating people with comments like that.
          An old saying comes to mind, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
          I am afraid I have to agree with Herk stick to what you know and it is not plumbing which by you attitude you think is an unskilled trade well you are about to find it is not and will become a vary expensive mistake.

Tony

Comment

I have to agree with Big Jim. I am working in a barn where the homeowner took pride in his workmanship and ran an electrical feeder to the barn, installed a subpanel, wired up lights and receptacles. Unfortunately, he didn't take voltage drop into consideration, (the house is approximately 600' from the barn),he used 10/3uf cable, didn't install a ground rod for the subpanel, didn't use GFCI receptacles or breakers or follow any NEC code requirements at all. Consequently, he has only about 100 volts with a 10 amp load. He can't run any power tools without damaging them and if anything like a fire or lightning strike were to happen his insurance company will surely deny the claim. Now it's going to cost the homeowner a lot of money for me to correct this as the exterior siding is on and the interior walls are up.
            Please do yourself a favor and hire a licensed plumber at least as a consultant, get a permit and do the job right.

Comment

Hire a Plumber! Concrete is really hard to clear from drains.

Comment

I thanked the original post because it cracks me up when someone catches the wrath of the plumbing forum

Comment

If you have anything to do with siemen's SUNLIGHT UV systems branch we ought to take turns kicking you in the nuts just for making our jobs harder! Cant get parts! But you are the only system NYSDOH allows!

Comment

Well I guess I should close this post as I see that plumbers stick together and once a post takes a bad turn there is no going back.
                    Some of the comments do have merit though and that is what I might expect from a professional, eg: Big Jim, but some of the others are just plain stupid and meant to make the poster feel as if they are the only thing is town.
                    I have nothing to do with sunlight uv systems so I guess you won't be kicking me in the nuts for that reason, but I bet some of the other posters would like to do so just because.
                    In my profession I do work with pipe fitters on occasion, and find the ones in service are much different then the ones in construction. Since Plumbers and Pipe Fitters are pretty much the same thing, one in commercial and one in industry.
                    I am not going to revel my profession just to with the fact that I am sure to get kicked around some more.

Note:
                    If I had done my original post to the Professional Plumbing Discussion then I would expect more of what I received, but no I posted to the Ask the Plumbing Experts which is by definition "Have a question for the Professionals. Want some advice about a situation. This is the place for you."
                    Since the original post was just about how to finish the concrete around the drains.

Comment

Plumbers and pipefitters aren't the same, jerky. That being said, leave your toilet riser about 1/8" under grade. Do the same for your shower riser, but box it off. Your lav drains and vents will be in walls so I would leave them above grade. If you must leave them under grade, use a coupling, 1/8" under grade. Don't take any rips personally, most of us are just going for style points and we want to make the other plumbers spit beer/pop on the screen.
                      Last edited by Bogart; 06-09-2009, 08:45 PM. Reason: explanation of rips

Comment

Re: Wrench Spinner

Good one, dude. Ya made me laugh when I read your post and I am laughing now, as I am thanking you for it. Kick in the nuts, indeed.

Comment

Actually hire a professional seems like valid advice from professionals. The job is difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by ekih View Post
                            Well I guess I should close this post as I see that plumbers stick together and once a post takes a bad turn there is no going back.
                            Some of the comments do have merit though and that is what I might expect from a professional, eg: Big Jim, but some of the others are just plain stupid and meant to make the poster feel as if they are the only thing is town.
                            I have nothing to do with sunlight uv systems so I guess you won't be kicking me in the nuts for that reason, but I bet some of the other posters would like to do so just because.
                            In my profession I do work with pipe fitters on occasion, and find the ones in service are much different then the ones in construction. Since Plumbers and Pipe Fitters are pretty much the same thing, one in commercial and one in industry.
                            I am not going to revel my profession just to with the fact that I am sure to get kicked around some more.

Note:
                            If I had done my original post to the Professional Plumbing Discussion then I would expect more of what I received, but no I posted to the Ask the Plumbing Experts which is by definition "Have a question for the Professionals. Want some advice about a situation. This is the place for you."
                            Since the original post was just about how to finish the concrete around the drains.
                            You work for semens? Whew, that's out there. If you think that these plumbers are bad on the 'net, you should hang out with them in person.

Easy is right. It takes a fine touch to get slab work right, so not every plumber is allowed to do it. I've got rough-in, top-out, and finish plumbers all doing what they are best at and rarely will they do anything else willingly.

Hire a pro, semens guy.
                            (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Come on guys we don't need to beat up on the guy he has been pleasant enough. The truth is, it is obvious by his questions this is not a job he should do on his own. When the job is done it is easy to hire someone to help fix mistakes in the finish but not in the rough and definitely not below the slab.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X