X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP 210 B Press Tool

I need to perform approximately 100,000 joint connections on type L copper pipe for multiple solar hot water panels. What is the temperature and pressure rating for these fittings?
    How does the cost of these fittings compare to standard silver solder fittings? Are there any unit rates compared to silver solder? Most of this work is roof and attic work

Re: RP 210 B Press Tool

Originally posted by BGD Bob View Post
    I need to perform approximately 100,000 joint connections on type L copper pipe for multiple solar hot water panels. What is the temperature and pressure rating for these fittings?
    How does the cost of these fittings compare to standard silver solder fittings? Are there any unit rates compared to silver solder? Most of this work is roof and attic work
    This link might help you get some information.

http://www.viega.net/943.htm

Fittings are very expensive, but a thicker fitting.

That many joints it might be a great alternative to traditional methods. You save on time/labor, not materials.

J.C.

Comment

with 100,000 joints/ fittings, viega might just give/ buy you the tool

remember that ridgid and viega are 2 different companies and ridgid buys the fittings to do actual real testing of the jaws. very impressive to see the amount of time and material that goes into the testing to deliver a product of this standard.

as far as solar goes here are the specs i have.

32f- 250f at 200psi.

with a maximum concentration of 50% ethylene glycol or propylene glycol.

true the fittings are more costly than solder fittings, but the speed and quality are a whole lot better.

there is no comparison between a solder type fitting and a propress fitting.

what size and application are you thinking of using these on?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
        We are using Type L 3/4" copper pipe. We assume a total of 14 joints per home in the attic on the roof and garage. There are 7000 homes in the first grouping.
        I beleive if we can keep the leakage and fitting costs under control, we will eliminate silver soldering (and fire risks) in the many attics.

Regards,
        Bob

Comment

bob, i assume this is a replacement for the pex settlement in vegas

let our own vegas expert jump in to answer.

marky mark. what's the answer

personally the faster you get out of the attic in vegas, the happier all will be

3/4'' 90's and fittings are cheap. i would definatly go for it.

do you need a demo

should be no problem getting ridgid to demo this awsome tool.

in fact ridgid dave will make the call himself

i'm 90% propress for the last 4-5 years

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X