X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for pictures of problems with plastic lamination

I am doing a presentation for medical engineers on the microbial growth and support for microbial growth from particle board. The AIA has issues a bulletin that hospitals can not use particle board as a substrate for plastic laminate around sinks & lavatories I am looking for any pictures under sinks that show the discoloring, rotting and swelling of particle board or plywood around sinks. I would also like pictures of counter tops with the plastic laminate chipped off or pulled off counter tops. Any pictures of plastic laminated cabinets with chipped surfaces delaminating surfaces, Swelling from water exposure or just exposed high dencity particle board. Any pictures with evidence of mold or mildew would also be helpful.

Thanks

Re: Looking for pictures of problems with plastic lamination

dont think youll have any trouble getting pics of that john.
    sorry dont know how to post pics

Comment

Any one who can help with posing pictures can you give pointers?
      I believe that if you can put it on your computer then click on the attachment paper clip above and copy the file as an attachment.
      I am looking forward to what you brilliant plumbers come up with. The cool thing about what i am doing is that hospitals are undergoing changes to reduce the hospital born infection rate. This is one of many projects to help with this issue. Your pictures will help me drive the point. Again Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=John Hopkins;235010]Any one who can help with posing pictures can you give pointers?
        I believe that if you can put it on your computer then click on the attachment paper clip above and copy the file as an attachment.
        I am looking forward to what you brilliant plumbers come up with. The cool thing about what i am doing is that hospitals are undergoing changes to reduce the hospital born infection rate. This is one of many projects to help with this issue. Your pictures will help me drive the point. Again Thanks

Comment

How soon do you need the pics? It's something I've seen enough but I never took pics of. Now that I'm looking for it I'll never see it.

Comment

http://ecorefinishers.blogspot.com/2...untertops.html

http://www.piercelaminated.com/sanilab.asp

http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/person...pics/_g_DE.htm
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Pictures

You cannot just link a photo from a file on your computer. BUT, it is easy.

Open a FREE account at photobubucket.com Upload the photo to there, then photobucket gives each photo a URL, which you can paste as a link.

like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...0CHARGERS1.jpg

In photobucket, you can also edit a photo bit size so that, depending on the capabilities of any particular forum, you can make the photo appear in the post. This is done using the function [img] [/img]

By the way, if you live in or have driven in San Diego County, you will understand the symbols on the Charger helmet! If you are from South Dakota, or somewhere, you wouldn't believe the story!
              Last edited by lovetheUSA; 06-12-2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I am looking for pictures as soon as possible, but keep them coming i can always update my presentation. I think this can be a fun application for this blog site. It also has relevance to the plumbers that are on it. Just for knowledge sake do all of you plumbers know that the underlying reason the hospitals are removing plastic laminate counter tops in hospitals is that it has been discovered that particle broad is a welcome host for growing biological pathogens. This is an issue in doctors exam rooms also.

Comment

I knew the guys on here would be a great help to you John. I will post a picture here tomorrow from the countertop I just took out. Good luck with the presentation.
                  Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Guys... by far the easiest way to attach images is to scroll down past the submit reply button when you are posting. There is a button that says manage attachments. You can just attach em to the thread. Easy as that. If you want to embed them in the post you can simply copy the url of the attached image and use the little insert image icon when you are posting.

Josh

Comment

Thank you for the pictures so far please keep looking.
                      Also if you see any cabinets with the plastic lamination chipped off exposing particle board. I have gotten a few pictures in hospitals but still looking.

Comment

Check back in a week. I'll have a few pics for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X