X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need the best, fast flush toilet ?

I am looking for a high flush toilet. My house currently has an American Standard toilet. The flush tube seem narrow.

Can you guys recommend me a wide tube, high flush toilet ?

my current toilet is only 6months old and it is getting clogged frequently. I need to replace the toilet.

Re: need the best, fast flush toilet ?

the american standard champion in comfort height is a good flushing ada/ high toilet. also the pressure assist with sloan tank is a great flushing toilet if you don't mind some noise when flushing.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      the american standard champion in comfort height is a good flushing ada/ high toilet. also the pressure assist with sloan tank is a great flushing toilet if you don't mind some noise when flushing.

rick.
      does this toilet have powerful flush? I don't mind the noise.

Comment

the champion is a gravity flush with a 3'' flapper. it's quiet and a good flush.

the pressure assist has a pressure tank that's loud for a couple seconds, but it's a great flush.

i have 2 and have never ever plugged 1. 1 lasted 15 years with no repairs and the other one is still original 16 years

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

what do you think of the Kohler pressure lite and power lite toilets? These toilet seem to have suction force in addition to flush force.

I saw video test on kohler site.

http://www.kohler.com/video/index.js...ctid=236034510

Comment

Originally posted by sito View Post
            what do you think of the Kohler pressure lite and power lite toilets? These toilet seem to have suction force in addition to flush force.

I saw video test on kohler site.

http://www.kohler.com/video/index.js...ctid=236034510
            kohler once had their own pressure assist toilet.

it was literally like sitting on a bomb

there's quite a few of us on the forum that want nothing to do with kohler.

i'm one of them

yes i've installed them and yes i fix them. i just don't recommend them.

kohler needs to fire some engineers and hire some real plumbers.

they just don't think like us plumbers and they sure don't know how to supply parts when you need them.

i've had much better luck with the american standard line.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              kohler once had their own pressure assist toilet.

it was literally like sitting on a bomb

there's quite a few of us on the forum that want nothing to do with kohler.

i'm one of them

yes i've installed them and yes i fix them. i just don't recommend them.

kohler needs to fire some engineers and hire some real plumbers.

they just don't think like us plumbers and they sure don't know how to supply parts when you need them.

i've had much better luck with the american standard line.

rick.
              why do you say it is like a bomb ? is it unreliable ? commercial toilet at business use Kohler. It is fast and powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by sito View Post
                why do you say it is like a bomb ? is it unreliable ? commercial toilet at business use Kohler. It is fast and powerful.
                the key word was once had their own.

it was a kohler designed pressure tank. they stopped making parts and gave credit for new replacement toilets to get them out. they had a tendency to explode the pressure tank and flood.

now they use a sloan brand tank if i'm correct

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

ah ok. I had no idea that toilet tank can explode.

Comment

is there any difference between elongated & oval toilet?

Does it affect performance in flushing?

Comment

My preference would be a Toto Drake II.
                      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

>> "kohler needs to fire some engineers and hire some real plumbers."

Rick, I'm not a Kohler fan, either. But the Boss likes the style of their porcelain, so I have sinks, tub and *gasp* toilets from Kohler.

I would NEVER recommend a Kohler toilet, unless you don't like money and are looking to flush your water-conserving toilet twice every time.

Junk. I want a Toto (or pressure flush) next time.

Kohler probably would benefit from having some plumbers consulting on their (so-called) designs. But they don't need to fire their engineers. They need to hire some real ones.

>> "i've had much better luck with the american standard line."

Well, ok... better than Kohler... but American Standard has problems too.

I just bought a Porcher rough valve and trim kit for a shower. For those that don't know Porcher, it's (along with Jado) a supposedly high-end line from American Standard.

The rough didn't work with the trim.

A call to AS support revealed utter confusion.

The Porcher Customer Service person at the AS Customer Service call center called me back saying that AS had decided that this shower rig was not supported by Porcher, it was Jado. Even though it's in the Porcher catalog, not the Jado catalog, and the boxes all say Porcher.

OK, next I called Jado customer service. The guy there (extremely helpful & knowledgeable) knew all about the issue. Turns out that some Einstein at AS had decided to change the rough and the trim for this model, without changing the model numbers. They are not interchangeable, the spread between the handles is different by 3/4 inch.

Stupid. There's no other word for it. The Cust Svc guy at Jado said that they warned AS that not changing the numbers would be a bad idea.

AS didn't recall the old stuff and didn't bother to tell anyone about this little matter. The distributors had "old" and "new" flavors on the shelf. If you happen to get an old (pre Jan 2008) rough and a new trim, it doesn't work. Or a new rough and old trim, still no joy. There's no date code on the valve... someone has to physically open the box and look to make sure it's the right rough to go with the trim... assuming that they know what they are looking at.

As an engineer, I'm senstive to documentation and configuration management issues. Backward and forward compatibility is a big deal in the world of prduct design. It's nothing short of astounding to me that AS made such a boneheaded decision. This is basic stuff. It's costing them money AND ticking off customers.

The good news is that the Jado guy knew exactly what trim I needed and sent it out 2nd day air (at their expense). The irony is that I waited 4 weeks while the original (non-fitting) trim was on backorder... all the while, the correct trim was in stock at AS warehouse.

So AS isn't exactly perfect either. In looking at the design of the valve, trim and diverter valve... well, let's say that they could benefit from having an engineer, too.

-Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X