X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose Bib to large for hose

I have a rental property the hose bib is to large for a garden hose it has a green handle if that meens anything what do I need to make a hose fit on ?

Re: Hose Bib to large for hose

post pictures if you would please.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I hope this pic works
      Attached Files

Comment

I am not sure it even has a Vacuum Breaker maybe that is what it needs ??

Comment

I tryed to unscrew it it didn't seem to want to come off the hose bibs in the back look the same but they have what might be a Vacuum breaker on them screwed on I just wasn't sure I thought maybe an expert might know for sure

Comment

I agree with JC, that looks like the top half of a vacuum breaker, i'd try to pipe wrench it off, worst case you tear up some threads and end up putting a new bibb on
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

both sides of the duplexe have the exact same bib those are threads on the bottom would a vacuum breaker screw on to it?

Comment

it looks like the internal threads of a pre existing vacuum breaker, like the bottom half of the breaker got stuck on the hose when it was threaded off

Comment

when you try to unscrew it, does it rotate or is it tight?

if it's tight, it either has a set screw that's sheared off or is crimped on.

it it just rotates, it has a 1 way spring.

before you ruin the bibb and have to replace it, go to the store and see if you can match up the brand.

you should be able to buy a new one and strip the parts f need be.

there's a good chance the threads are normal hose threads under the 1/2 vac. breaker. the real old original ones from the early 80's had a fine thread that were proprietary to that brand of hose bibb.

it's also possible to cut off the 1/2 vac. breaker and then unscrew it.

how hard is it to just replace the entire hose bibb?

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X