X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Output Sump Pump or Sewage Pump?

We just had a huge rainstorm and I had to drop "two" 1/2 hp sump pumps into the sumphole (16" wide x 23" deep) in my basement. The two pumps were just barely keeping up with the water inflow. The largest sump pump I can find at the store pumps 5100 GPH at 0" (4100 GPH at 10") and it is a 3/4 HP pump. I noticed 1/2 HP sewage pumps with a 2" discharge that pumps 9000 GPH at 0'. In an heavy water emergency, could I use a pump this strong and run it into a 1 1/2 discharge? I would only use it in an emergency. Thanks for your help.

Re: High Output Sump Pump or Sewage Pump?

My shop is in Joliet, call 729-0202 and follow the prompts for Jeff. I have installed sewage ejectors as sumps, but ran 2" for discharge. I don't think the 1.5" will handle all the water a 2" pump puts out. You can look online and find out how much water a 1.5" pipe will carry as opposed to 2".

Jeff

Comment

Re: High Output Sump Pump or Sewage Pump?

Jeff ... Thanks for your quick reply. I am currently changing the downspouts from 2"x3" to 3"x4" on the sides of my house away from my drainage and sump problem. Hopefully, this will divert most of the rainwater away from the problem.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X