Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton 4RK40 Sump Basin Dia

Lots of great knowledge on this site!!

I've been looking at sump basins at the local home centers. Most of the sump basins from Lowes & Menards say they're 18" wide but when I measure them, they're actually 20" not to mention much higher as well. That means a bigger hole in the floor which I'm already tight.

The Dayton 4RK40 looks nice from the pics but nobody near me has them to look and actually measure. The lid shows 18" in the description but does that mean the basin is larger than it? Does anyone have one they could measure and tell me the actual diameter so I can plan the hole I need?

Thanks a bunch!!

Re: Dayton 4RK40 Sump Basin Dia

www.grainger.com is the parent co. there are 21 branches in il. breid

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
      www.grainger.com is the parent co. there are 21 branches in il. breid
      I saw that Grainger sells them, didn't know they own them as well. I don't think I can just go there to take a look but need to order one, no?

If someone has the OD including the rim, I'd appreciate it.

I just went to Home Depot and looked at their Flotec. It's nice but the OD is 21", not the 18" it says. Also it's not the one they show on their website. It doesn't have the side pipe structures.

Thanks!!

Comment

If I have any questions about something to install, I get the product there first.

It is COMMON for drawings/specs to be out of range a % from the actual product in my experience.

Get what you want to put in there.

J.C.

Comment

Appearantly the only part of any sump basins that is the 18" they say is the inside diameter of the very top. I looked at Menards, Home Depot, Lowes & Grainger. All of them say 18" width. Grainger even says the lid is 18". None of them are less than 20" with most being at 21".

Comment

Working...
          X