X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for underground water supply

Im installing a deck on the back of my home. I have an outside faucet that I need to move because the deck will be a low deck that will not have enough clearance to work under. The deck will be 18' deep off the back of the house. Is there any way to run a line from the foundation to the back side of the deck so that it doesnt freeze. I could rent a ditch witch and bury it but my concern is that when I drop the line down and then bring it back up again it will create a trap and it could still freeze. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..... Bob

Re: Advice for underground water supply

run the pipe below frost line and put in a yard hydrant, the valve is on the bottom and it drains back (if a garden hose is not left on it),

there are many other brands out there, (these are good and have used both companies, but I posting the URLs for example not nessarly recommendation of a brand)
    http://www.merrillmfg.com/product/01...dhydrants.html
    or
    http://www.wcmind.com/Woodford/Yard_...ges/YrdHyd.htm

most of the time the hydrant can be repaired by readjusting or by removing the guts out of the top of the unit and replacing, depending on the problem. with out having to dig it up.

we have about ten of them on the place, and plan on putting in a few more soon,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
    X