X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch on Sewage Pump

The switch on my pump has failed for the second time in six months, with minimal use. I know I have power because when I unplug the tether and plug the pump in directly it works. I find it hard to believe the second switch has already failed. Any one have any ideas why?
    Thanks, Brenda

Re: Switch on Sewage Pump

I'm assuming you are talking about a float that controls the pump.

A power spike could take it out. A nick in the outer casing of the wire when it was installed could cause it. It could have just been a poorly constructed float from the factory.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

what brand are the pump and switch? breid

Comment

The pump is a RIDGID Aquapro 1/2 horse the float I am not sure, I have not taken everything apart yet. I do know the switch I replaced in Dec, 08 was a SJE Micromaster.

If I had a power spike wouldn't the ground fault have tripped? Thanks

Comment

It should have. This may become helpful. http://www.sjerhombus.com/buy/warranty.asp
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

If the pump cycles frequently that can burn up a switch quickly. frequent cycling can be due to the installation, or to a check valve on the outlet side hung open.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X