X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceramic tap dripping after 1 to 2 years

having dripping tap problem ever since I moved to Sydney. They are new, they are stylish Italian! but dripping I have Caroma Lusso lever tap ware for basin, bath and shower. and they all dripping. First the basin ones started dripping after 1.5 years and changed by plumber then started dripping after 6 months. I changed them to different maker's tapware. Then bath tab one also started to drip then now show. It is hard to believe as Caroma Lusso are rather expensive and installed by plumber. All leak after 1.5 to 3.5 years.
    When I investigates ceramic cartridge they looked clear no crack. but of course I cannot be sure.
    Is dripping tap caused only by crack on ceramic cartridge? or could it be some other problem?
    Or is Caroma Lusson known to be faulty?

Re: ceramic tap dripping after 1 to 2 years

typically the ceramic is not the issue. it's the rubber seal where the stem seats against the valve body.

how is your water quality? is it hard, dirty?

don't know about your brand, but ceramic stems can last from a year to a lifetime of the faucet. biggest problem with ceramic is the cost and availability to the original parts.

sure they have an advantage over rubber washers and brass seats, but try convincing a customer that when you can't locate the stem and then get the price

most high end faucets have a lifetime warranty for parts. check with the company for replacement parts.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

High pressure can also be a factor in the ceramic disk leaking, where in sydney do you live?. Manufacturers don't warrant taps and mixers if its over a certain pressure. You may need a pressure limiting valve installed on your house to reduce the inlet pressure. When the come out , first thing they do is put a test on your hose tap...... and if its to high they tend to walk away..Not good for you or the plumber who installed it

Comment

Originally posted by pressy View Post
        High pressure can also be a factor in the ceramic disk leaking, where in sydney do you live?. Manufacturers don't warrant taps and mixers if its over a certain pressure. You may need a pressure limiting valve installed on your house to reduce the inlet pressure. When the come out , first thing they do is put a test on your hose tap...... and if its to high they tend to walk away..Not good for you or the plumber who installed it
        I have this case how can I get pressure limiting valve installed? Or do you mean plumber walks away? Will it cost huge money to get it done?

Comment

You can buy the fancy high dollar ceramic disk faucet
          5 years later its dripping ,,,cartridge not available
          start over again
          What happend to the good old days

Comment

Working...
          X