Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Pipe - Partial Lining?

Hello,

10 years ago I had most of the clay tile removed due to tree roots. They put in 6" pvc from the cast iron pipe coming from the house to the clay tile under the driveway. They connected each side with neoprene sleeves. Now those sleeves have roots growing in them and caused a real problem last winter. They jetted out the pipes (which didn't work but I still had to pay for) and was eventually able to clean out the 2 parts with a 6" cutter on the snake. They suggested relining the entire sewer pipe out to the street for a huge amount.

Can just the 2 sections where the pvc meets the tile with the sleeve be epoxy lined? Watching the camera the pvc is fine as is the rest of the tile pipes.

Thanks!!

Re: Sewer Pipe - Partial Lining?

yes, you can do a spot repair pretty easy.

what footage from the cleanout are these 2 spots?

just like they failed at jetting and want to sell a reline to the entire pipe, it's time to get a knowledgeable and capable plumber.

the proper jetter will work better than a snake and cutter.

a spot repair will be fine. or can you dig up the 2 spots without lots of demo?
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      yes, you can do a spot repair pretty easy.

what footage from the cleanout are these 2 spots?
      I have 2 cleanouts, one on each end of the pvc pipe.

The 2 spots are only a couple of feet from each cleanout.

Thanks

Comment

that can be done.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
        X