I was wondering if there is a way where a new line can be
    installed inside the existing main line, aleviating the need to dig
    up the whole yard and replace the 4 inch line. I have a problem
    with roots but would hate to destroy my yard and front
    patio.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Continuous main line plugging

if the pipe can be cleaned, it can be relined. some of the posters here might be able to provide you with more detailed info, but it definitley requires a professional.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Relining and bursting are both no-dig replacement options. There is a dollar cost associated with these options vs digging if it's an easy dig.

I tend to focus on no-dig options, and my initial thought is that someone competant should be able to get the roots under control. First step would be a video inspection to see what you are dealing with.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

with relining you need to clean the line to a perfect condition so it can be lined. therefore if you can clean it, you can then stay on top of it in the future.

pipe bursting is a technique i use to actually insert a full size pipe into the existing damaged pipe. all i need is a snake to thread a cable from point a to point b. then my bursting heads will expand and burst the old pipe to make room for full size sdr17 hdpe pipe that is bullet proof.

just do a search for some of the threads and photos i've posted under the key words trenchless pipe bursting.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Guys,
          My plumber came and took the roots out today. He said my
          line is not collapsed or he couldnt snake it ? After he cleaned it
          I put in Rootx to see if I can control the problem. I'll read some
          of the forum about the lining and pipe bursting also.
          Thanks again,
          Chris

Comment

I believe you'll need to reapply the rootX in a few weeks. I seem to recall that you shouldn't apply it immediately after having the drain cleaned.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
              I believe you'll need to reapply the rootX in a few weeks. I seem to recall that you shouldn't apply it immediately after having the drain cleaned.
              It's OK to apply right after cutting roots as long as it's within 2hs. If you miss that 2hr window then you should wait 6-8 weeks.
              I always apply 8 weeks later as I don't keep it on the van.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
              X