Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does sewer backups happen to basement rough-in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does sewer backups happen to basement rough-in?

Hi,

I am wondering if I should get my homeowners' insurance to cover sewer backups. I don't have any bathroom nor utility sink in my basement. However, I do have three pieces of plumbing rough-in. Each piece looks just like a plastic cap on the concrete floor - no pipes sticking up, just these flimsy red plastic caps of about 1 1/2 inches tall on concrete floor. The biggest piece is even cracked.

Does sewer backup happen to rough-ins? Is there anything I can do to reduce the chance of having sewer backup coming out of a rough-in? Should I cap it with something stronger?

Thanks.

Re: Does sewer backups happen to basement rough-in?

You can put on Sch. 40 caps if you have enough pipe to connect it too.

A backwater valve will provide the best prevention from sewer backups in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Yes if you have a drain stoppage it will certainly back up in the basement ! !

But that may be a good thing ! Better then backing upstairs,
      the having to pull the plug downstairs flooding out

the best thing to get is a water alarm, such as floodstop
      automatic flood controls
      JERRYMAC
      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I will have to look into all these different options. (I am not familiar with all these terms.)

I was also shocked to see that sewer backup can happen to upstairs? I thought basements are the only place at risk : ( Sewer backup can go that high? How often does sewer backup happen? Would you recommend that I get sewer backup insurance?

Comment

Interesting question and answers...While surfing net to get data related to my project no
          testking 642-446 i came here and find this web an interesting one...!It seems to me that someone can get information from here!

Comment

Working...
          X