Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Does sewer backups happen to basement rough-in?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does sewer backups happen to basement rough-in?

Hi,

I am wondering if I should get my homeowners' insurance to cover sewer backups. I don't have any bathroom nor utility sink in my basement. However, I do have three pieces of plumbing rough-in. Each piece looks just like a plastic cap on the concrete floor - no pipes sticking up, just these flimsy red plastic caps of about 1 1/2 inches tall on concrete floor. The biggest piece is even cracked.

Does sewer backup happen to rough-ins? Is there anything I can do to reduce the chance of having sewer backup coming out of a rough-in? Should I cap it with something stronger?

Thanks.

Re: Does sewer backups happen to basement rough-in?

You can put on Sch. 40 caps if you have enough pipe to connect it too.

A backwater valve will provide the best prevention from sewer backups in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Yes if you have a drain stoppage it will certainly back up in the basement ! !

But that may be a good thing ! Better then backing upstairs,
      the having to pull the plug downstairs flooding out

the best thing to get is a water alarm, such as floodstop
      automatic flood controls
      JERRYMAC
      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I will have to look into all these different options. (I am not familiar with all these terms.)

I was also shocked to see that sewer backup can happen to upstairs? I thought basements are the only place at risk : ( Sewer backup can go that high? How often does sewer backup happen? Would you recommend that I get sewer backup insurance?

Comment

Interesting question and answers...While surfing net to get data related to my project no
          testking 642-446 i came here and find this web an interesting one...!It seems to me that someone can get information from here!

Comment

Working...
          X