X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak Detection Equiptment?

I have a question regarding leak detection equiptment. Keep in mind that I am not a plumber, nor do I know anything about plumbing, slab leaks, etc...., which is why I am here asking anyone that is willing to answer!

I have a friend that has asked me to list her husbands leak detection equiptment on Craigslist for her for $1500, but says that it is worth a lot more than that. Before I list this for her, I just want to make sure that that is an acceptable amount to ask for. I tried to find it online, but all I was able to find was non-professional equiptment selling for around $300.

On the front of the case that it is in it says "Subsurface Leak Detector, Professional's Water Leak Detector". I am not sure what brand it is, or if what is on the front of the case is the brand name. Unfortunately, my friend has not given me very many details, which is making it quite a bit hard to list on Craigslist. However, she did say that it also comes with two oxygen tanks, but that is all I really know.

Anyway, I guess what I basically want to know is, does $1500 sound reasonable for used professional leak detection equiptment assuming that it is good quality?

TIA

Re: Leak Detection Equiptment?

here is a link to their web site.

http://www.subsurfaceleak.com/

you really need a model # and a picture of the unit or it will be a waste of time trying to sell.

those oxygen tanks are probably co2 or nitrogen tanks. doubt they're oxygen.

have your friend take a good digital photo and post it here so we can i.d it or possibly find a buyer for it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

fried please

breid

Comment

Re: fried please

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
        breid
        not spam

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

For some reason, I'm interested in whatever she's selling.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            here is a link to their web site.

http://www.subsurfaceleak.com/

you really need a model # and a picture of the unit or it will be a waste of time trying to sell.

those oxygen tanks are probably co2 or nitrogen tanks. doubt they're oxygen.

have your friend take a good digital photo and post it here so we can i.d it or possibly find a buyer for it.

rick.
            I agree that it would be a waste of time if pics arent included. I am going to add pics to the listing. As for the model #, I didnt even think about adding that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              For some reason, I'm interested in whatever she's selling.

J.C.
              SAME!

Comment

My only purpose in coming to this forum was to ask if $1500 was a reasonable price to ask for this stuff. I am not trying to sell anything.

As I said in my OP, I am not a plumber, nor am I a leak detector and as such, I am not knowledgeable of the going rates for equiptment used in either trades. A friend asked me to list it for her, but before I do, I want to make sure that what she is asking is within reason, kwim?

Comment

Plumber Rick, Thanks for the link!

The model that my friend has is the LD-10, which is not listed on their website, but it looks just like the LD-12 model they have pictured. The website doesnt have pricing, but I suppose that I could call the company to inquire about it!

Comment

Untested, discontinued leak detection equipment from an unknown source is worth at the most 25% of new.

Good luck-Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Anyone who might be interested, certainly would want very specific model info., and perhaps a testimony about the working condition. If you believe it is in like-new working condition, and would warranty that....then it might bring 60% of new. If you have to call it "as-is" then 25% of new would be lucky.

Any reason she wants you to list it? Any chance it stolen from someone's workplace? Just had to throw that in.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
                        Anyone who might be interested, certainly would want very specific model info., and perhaps a testimony about the working condition. If you believe it is in like-new working condition, and would warranty that....then it might bring 60% of new. If you have to call it "as-is" then 25% of new would be lucky.

Any reason she wants you to list it? Any chance it stolen from someone's workplace? Just had to throw that in.
                        No, it wasnt stolen. When I said "friend", I meant that as loosely as possible! She is more like someone that I tolerate and as such, I do not feel bad when I say that she is kinda stupid! (for a myraid of reasons)

Putting stuff on Craigslist is not that difficult, but for her, it apparently is!

Comment

Working...
                        X