Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd floor tub leaking

Hi everyone,

I have a 2nd floor tub that is leaking. the reason is this: on the tub there is a metal washer piece that sits on the tub against the drain it is slightly domed/dished (this is on the tub itself not underneath. It has come loose and actually broke and now there is about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch a gap between the tub and drain. Can I get a replacement piece? I am not even sure what this piece is called but it closes the gap between the cast iron tub andn the drain so now when the tub drains some water is getting into that gap and leaking down below. Home depot did not have.
    Can you guys suggest anyplace or another solution?
    thx in advance,
    harvey

Re: 2nd floor tub leaking

Call plumber. 1 call, done.

J.C.

Comment

Yeah it would definitely be best to just call a pro because the piece is part of a waste and overflow kit and he would have one kicking around and it would save you buying the whole kit. I believe the piece you are looking for is called a spud, and as plumbers we have special wrenches to remove and install these. It shouldn't take long at all especially for a pro who knows what hes doing to take the old one out, put some plumbers putty or silicone underneath the new one and thread it back together.

Have a good one.
      Last edited by Marklar89; 07-15-2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

And don't forget the mildew growing in the ceiling! It can make the family sick
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

thx for the response guys, but this piece doesn't connect from underneath. It looks like it came loose from the top side (the inside of the tub where your feet would be when taking a shower)

Does that make any sense? It looks like it was glued on somehow around the drain.

thx again,
          harvey
          Last edited by harveymasons; 07-14-2009, 05:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Don't be offended please,You need a plumber on this one.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thx guys, am taking your advice and called a plumber to come in and take a look.

As always thx in advance. WIll report back what the issue/fix was.

kind regards,
              harvey

Comment

Awesome, Jim described what I described in a more straightforward way. Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                X