X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copper lock

has anybody every heard of copper lock . or used . I called them yesterday and said they were awaiting approval

Re: copper lock

metx. yes i have some. also have a different brand from hardware store. haven't used it either. both were gifts. i can't imagine that i ever will. i'd like to see some listings or approvals first. my customers like to watch me sweat copper. i do it as we supposed to. i also wipe the joints and touch them with the torch for a rewipe. it doesn't leak. they marvel. why would i want to show them how to do it themselves? i'm not saying it doesn't work, i don't just want to be the guy to find out it doesn't. breid

Comment

you hit it right on the head .i ask the supply house today about it, and he heard about it ,but said he hope it doesn't get approved . he said it is to easy to use

Comment

if they cant solder, they sure as hel# shouldn't glue! our supply houses carry it and it makes me cringe, of course this is only my opinion.

Comment

my supply house has it as well on my way out i knock it off the counter on to the floor every time..

Comment

Originally posted by aero1 View Post
            if they cant solder, they sure as hel# shouldn't glue! our supply houses carry it and it makes me cringe, of course this is only my opinion.
            Well said. it seems that because plastic pipe and glue are available at the hardware store anyone can become a do-it-yourself plumber. Now, to make matters worse, people can do that with copper! The seemingly correct books and videos available really don't do much good either, I've seen books showing people how to put fixtures together in the incorrect order or using the wrong material for the application. This is one of the things in the world that really makes me mad. ok, rant over, now on with the discussion!

Comment

I have seen it in the stores. I have never seen it in action. I have a good friend that changed a shower valve and soldered in slip couplings on each side and turned the water on to find two 90's leaking in the wall. Evidently it is not real torch friendly stuff even with indirect heat.

Comment

Working...
              X