Kohler Shower Valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler Shower Valve

Hi, my main shower has a single handle faucet. I had a drip from the shower head for some time and decided to fix it. (Big mistake). The valve is an older unit about 10yr old. It seemed simple enough since all there is is a cap that mounts up against a "Pressure Balancing Unit". I replace both units. With the valve in the off position initially I turned the water on and the cold water flowed full force. I have since tried turning first the hot then the cold, vise versa, and then tried turning them on together as Kohler suggested. I have had no luck, shower still won't shut off. Can you tell me what my problem might be here, that is, beyond my messing with it in the first place.

Re: Kohler Shower Valve

Originally posted by Firefed View Post
    Hi, my main shower has a single handle faucet. I had a drip from the shower head for some time and decided to fix it. (Big mistake). The valve is an older unit about 10yr old. It seemed simple enough since all there is is a cap that mounts up against a "Pressure Balancing Unit". I replace both units. With the valve in the off position initially I turned the water on and the cold water flowed full force. I have since tried turning first the hot then the cold, vise versa, and then tried turning them on together as Kohler suggested. I have had no luck, shower still won't shut off. Can you tell me what my problem might be here, that is, beyond my messing with it in the first place.

Since you have exceeded all your options the best next option would be here.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Re: Kohler Shower Valve

No model or model number no photos hmm hard to solve this way. But it sounds like you either got the wrong part or installed it wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X