X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How would I fix this (toilet)

The Op didn't say thank you. That's plain rude.
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
      The Op didn't say thank you. That's plain rude.
      I agree. Good point dude. We didn't even get a "it works thanks a lot for your help. Come on man its a free fix! Maybe he didn't fix it lol.

Comment

89. if caulk works for, do it. whats it hurt? i had a leaker once and i put slic-tite on it. cured it. i do all now. breid...............

Comment

no good deed goes unpunished. why should they thank you? when i ask for help i usually thank you in the request. on some of the other forums nobody helps you if you don't. (motorcycles, cars, etc.). a lot of them are arrogant cheapskates that are gaming us. breid.....................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
            89. if caulk works for, do it. whats it hurt? i had a leaker once and i put slic-tite on it. cured it. i do all now. breid...............
            Wow the first person that actually agrees with my use of silicone lol. I've even seen Mike Holmes using it on his show....although I doubt many people south of the border know who he is...maybe they do because of his work in New Orleans. I agree with others and their not using it but its nice to have someone with experience not completely disagree with my use of it. Thanks dude!

Comment

i've been known to dope the washers as well..

Comment

89. i have nothing against silicone. i just have slic-tite on truck. the other thing i only do repair plumbing. so every thing i do is wet. not good with silicone. if i have to, i use a heat gun to dry everything with. pain in butt. easier to dry stuff with paper towels. slic-tite. good to go. we need to be smarter than the item that we are working with. do what works for you. breid.............

Comment

I had one new toto tank that wouldn't stop weeping. Pipe dope stopped the leak.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ive used pipe dope for the same purpose too. Same with putting on the rubber washer under a mechanical pop up after siliconing/puttying the top side. Its good to see other people agree with my methods and I haven't totally been taught wrong. Thanks Bried, Toolaholic and Plumbworker. you guys rock!!

Comment

What is an apprentice doing messing with toilets? Other than loading and unloading and carrying them into the house, an apprentice has no business messing with toilets. Now go out to the truck and bring me the left hand pipe wrench
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        What is an apprentice doing messing with toilets? Other than loading and unloading and carrying them into the house, an apprentice has no business messing with toilets. Now go out to the truck and bring me the left hand pipe wrench
                        How do you think people learn stuff? Sure I do a fair bit of tool lugging but that does not mean I can't do a relatively simple task like installing a toilet. Maybe its different in the states but in Canada apprentices even do rough in work. If you're just kidding around and making your usual facetious comments then I think its funny. If not, good luck finding your left handed pipe wrench, maybe its under the seat of your truck next to the pipe stretcher or the bucket of steam!

Comment

Well now.... you will never know for sure will you?

Now get me that wrench!
                          sigpic

Comment

Any apprentice, in any craft ,needs to ply the trade. My Son at 38 is a master carpenter.
                            He started working with Me at 19. I taught ,and He did. How else does one learn? He was turned loose on chores when He was competent on each task.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                            X