Help my tub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late for lunch

spot on skool. watch the news. people sue people they never met clear across the usa. the liability could horrendous. the other thing that i see are people that don't do what they are told, they do as they please. that could be a problem, also. breid

Comment

Re: Help my tub

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
      END RANT - AND NO disrespect intended, I am just "rough" around the edges when it comes to topics I am passionate about.
      Is that your rant, Holmes?? Hunh? Is THAT YOUR RANT HOLMES!!!!?????

(As I run after you with camera......)
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
        Is that your rant, Holmes?? Hunh? Is THAT YOUR RANT HOLMES!!!!?????

(As I run after you with camera......)

lmao - That video still makes me laugh, even a month later ......

Comment

Part of the problem, Chief, is pictures don't mean crap.

Just cuz water shows up in one spot don't mean that is where it's coming from.

I respectfully suggest you have professional look at it if you can't pinpoint EXACTLY where the water is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy
            I see your in insurance. I need some insurance, can you help me with that? I really can't afford the insanely expensive insurance companies since the economy is bad. If you give me some free insurance policies, I'd be happy to give you some free plumbing work or advice.

Another Good Point, Thanks Carl.

Maybe its time we rename the forum to "Barter with the Plumbing Professional" ...

I mean "Time is Money" for everyone

Comment

How can business owners get state government to get rid of insurance lobbyists?

I need step by step instructions that are guaranteed to work.

J.C.

Comment

I may be out of place here,
                but this is not any ones personal board, this board is hosted by Ridgid tool, and we are there guests here, yes many of us treat it like home and they treat us like family,

but I think we need to respect the host here, the Ridgid tool company, and not treat there new and less experienced guests as if there was some thing wrong with them asking a question,

I do not know everything, but when I have a tractor question? I do not come here and post on "Ask the Plumbing experts" about tractor hydraulics. I go to a tractor board, and most are happy to try to help.

the forum is "ASK THE PLUMBING EXPERTS"
                and Ridgid information box under the heading reads, "Have a question for the Professionals. Want some advice about a situation. This is the place for you."

If you feel your violating some personal or professional creed by responding then do not respond,

If you so feel that some one is in over there head then politely state that,

the GUY came in here and asked some questions, yes he may be in insurance, but if you want to know about insurance then find a board on insurance and post your questions, (I really do not see the "fun in ridiculing by asking insurance questions". this is not "ASK the INSURANCE EXPERTS". (and not everyone in insurance is dealing with homeowners insurance, and even the agents who do, may not who do may know much about the physical aspects of the building, that is what an adjuster is for,),

some of those on here who have done yelling, have websites with DIY sections and guides, yet blast some one trying to figure out there problem. and what is the best rout to correct it.

the guy came in and gave a description that may not have been as technical correct as some one who works with plumbing, but he gave the information he could and posted a good number of pictures,

it was not,
                "my cabinets are wet, there is a bath room above, how much will it cost. Plumbers aways rip me off."

you treat them reasonable they may be able to help you out some time in the future when you do have a question in the there area of expertise,

It is not Right to belittle or bash a new poster, or Fair to the RIDGID TOOL company, to make them look a horses a$$ by your responses,

I know this discussion on DIY has come up in the past, and the way I remember it is why this forum was created so the DIY had a place to ask questions and the pro plumbing questions would land in "Professional Plumbing Discussion"
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD said exactly what I was going to say and a bit more. Thanks a lot man!

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                    Right ask, as in

"Do you think I need a plumber"

"Will I get hurt doing this myself"

"Do you know a plumber in my area"

These would be the questions I would expect......

You're Kidding right? How about a trade school or spending years in the trade like the rest of us....

I don't see the OP handing out free insurance advice......./ consulting(His trade in profile)

And Like I mentioned earlier, I am actually appalled that an "Insurance man" would ask this.....

His Economy?

What about the HUNDREDS & Thousands of LICENSED plumbers that are sitting home these days to only watch homeowners hurt themselves and then wind up on the news.....because "They should have called a plumber"

What about the fact that it's ILLEGAL in most towns, states to repair these things yourself.......

What about all the children and wife's of the plumbers that can't eat because HOME cheapo and blowes gives a "false" impression that these people can just fix anything with a 2 hour Saturday class.....

I am not ragging on you either, Just expressing my opinions

But HARD ON HIM>

You going to tell that to the next guy that blowes up his house...or kills someone because "he saved a few bucks"?

Let's be real here. PLUMBING IS A SKILL that REQUIRES CODE, & A VALID LICENSE.....

PERSONALLY - I think RIDGID should adjust the rules of this whole forum or plain out just remove it.

PLUMBING IS NOT for HO's (Homeowners)

Call me a douche , *******, whatever you want......

But many many guys pay license fees, insurance etc for a reason............

sorry its just my opinion,

Oh and ALSO you all know how much I know the web right?

Well here is some advice from me about the good old WWW.

SOON - You will SEE Homeowners going after tradesman, for example:

"The guy in the forum told me to do this"

Ever notice how many of you have your company trucks, logos, and websites, your company info in your posts / avatars?

You tell these Homeowners "how to" without a disclaimer(which no one here has in there posts) and soon I bet someone is going to sue you for the "advice"

Call me crazy, call me insane, just don't call me late for dinner.

END RANT - AND NO disrespect intended, I am just "rough" around the edges when it comes to topics I am passionate about.

So when your car has trouble do you all ways go to the mechanic?

When you need to do some simple electrical work do you all ways call an electrician?

When your doing a remodel, putting up cabinets or a new counter top do you call a contractor?

What about the mechanics family, what about the electricians family and don't tell me there is no danger in those trades.

Point is this guy had a question I said clearly that YES HE SHOULD HIRE A PROFESSIONAL. I am passionate about it as well, try reading some of my past posts. We can give the advice and also give our opinion that they should hire a professional as well. But literally attack the guy and make him feel unwelcome, come on. If your an expert your a professional if your a professional then one would show some compassion for those who need help. If you don't have constructive advice then don't post. GROW UP!
                    Last edited by DanLawrence; 07-31-2009, 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend, upset or piss off anyone,

I apologize

@OP

Sorry man, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        How can business owners get state government to get rid of insurance lobbyists?

I need step by step instructions that are guaranteed to work.

J.C.
                        Any Gun shows in Your area ?
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The difference between homeowner plumbing and changing your light bulb is there is zero possibility of you contaminating a public water supply. You are not comparing apples and apples. We have codes for a reason. Because a hundred or so odd years ago folks were getting sick and dropping dead because hacks did whatever they wanted to do. Plumbing isn't carpentry or electrical and mechanical. Plumbing can, has and will effect more lives than the idiot that did the work.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm a member of several electrician's forums. Some allow questions from homeowners (DIY'ers) and some are for electricians only. This forum allows DIY'ers to ask questions and allows us to help them if we can. What's the point of ridiculing someone because they ask a question? To show them we are smarter than they are? If people are in over their heads we can politely point that out. There is no need for sarcasm, or condescension. If you don't want to help someone, don't post. No one will miss you.

Comment

(Quote); If people are in over their heads we can politely point that out. There is no need for sarcasm, or condescension. If you don't want to help someone, don't post. No one will miss you.

100% agree, there is no need to ever be uncivil to anyone. After all, they are just asking. We should always remain professional in our response. Usually (not always though) the comments only become uncivil when the op argues or refuses to take valid advice.
                              sigpic

Comment

I find it really interesting that some are so quick to blame the homeowner--especially in this situation. As I look at the pictures that were posted, I would be wiling to bet that all the work that was done there was done by a plumber. What homeowner would tackle or even think about using (and soldering) 3" copper waste lines? Also, if that is an offset closet flange, how many HO's would even know that such a thing even existed? Or the rubber connection for that manner. Maybe some should clean their own house first.

Comment

Working...
                                X